Question - God Allignment 'glitch'

BaconButty

Crikey, its been a long time since ive been on these forums (cant even remember my old username :( ) - glad to see that they're still going and being the source for all things godly

Ive dusted off my B+W disc and have reinstalled it on my computer, however ive found that my allignment as a god never 'sticks' - i can torch a village, getting the spikiest of spikey temples, but i save, reload and bam - neutral temple/hand again, which whilst not the end of the world....well, i want my spikey temple! :(

It also means that i cannot change my gods "symbol" - its stuck as the "full moon/half moon" symbol.

This isnt a problem for my creatures, i have angelic cow and evil tiger - ive had a search on the forum but i cant seem to find this being discussed before. I havnt patched to 1.1/1.2 yet, so im going to try that, but was wondering whether anyone had any insight?

Cheers x

I had the exact same problem before patching.  I don't know if the patch helped, or if it was just me changing compatability settings... That also happened when I messed with the Cache Pack a bit too much; I was stuck on level 4!  Be warned, it can ruin a game if too much tinkering is done!  Try patching and see if that helps.

Hi, I think that patching to 1.20 should solve that problem. 1.10 isn't necessary since 1.20 does incorporate those fixes.

Might I also suggest starting a new game.  Perhaps the save file is already corrupted from before patching and only starting a new game will get around the issue?

We have FAQs here on how you can bring your existing creature into a new game (as they don't seem affected by the bug).

As indicated here by others, the problem may be in how you're using compatibility mode (as suggested by another gamer I know whose encountered this issue).

They also suggested at the time that assuming you're on Vista or Windows 7, it may help to use the "Run as Administrator" option directly on the exe file.  There may be a privileges issue stopping the game from properly saving your progress.  Running the game as an Administrator would get around this.

Hope that helps.

I currently already run B+W as an administrator, but thanks - ill have the reload as my last straw (is there a link to this faq btw?)

GallopRider said:
What are your Compatability settings?  Those can affect the game, too.

how would i go about getting the most appropriate ones? (ie how to do this, sorry :p)

No problem!  You are running Windows7, right?  In that case, right-click on the BW1 icon and select Properties (at the bottom of the list).  A little window will come up.  Select the tab that says Compatability.  Play around with the settings until you find what works best for you.  Or you can request Win7 to help you out.  Try to run the game.  If you patched your game but get a version 1.0 notice, then that's definitely the wrong setting.  I've had the most luck without using the compatability for the different Windows series-thingies (my brain is dead at the moment...). 

If you do decide to uninstall, do a defrag, disk cleanup and/or registry cleaner (I thoroughly suggest Piriform's CCleaner [it's free]) before trying to reinstall it again...

Back