Question about the demo

Okapidragon

Elder
Is it possible to replace the landscape files with custom ones in the demo version?

I know I could test this pretty easily, but I would rather finish the demo first, but that might take a while as I like to play slowly, and my Internet access is going to be fairly limited in a couple of days.

I would imagine the system would be similar to that of the main game, so it should be possible. Why dontcha try it?

i suppose it should work but there are alot of models and skins that they wouldnt bother putting in the demo, so you'd get alot of pink squares.

Alright, I'll give it a try.

Also, looking through the data and scripts folders, all they did was change the exec a little, add something to prevent you from getting some things in the demo into the scripts (such as universities or torture spikes) and removed all but lands 3 and 4, so I THINK everything will show up, but even if it doesn't, hey, it's better than nothing. :)

UPDATE: Tried it, it didn't work. Then again, I might have done something wrong.

Any suggestions? (I first tried just doing it normally--Placing the map files where they needed to go and replacing the map.txt, and starting a new game, and when that didn't work (game crashed) I tried replacing the land4 files and renaming the files I was using to the land4 names, and then following the portal in land 3, and again, it crashed.

I suppose there is a chance that it is just the map I am trying to use. I am using "land 3384" from the downloads section.

Back