Problems with bw1

antò

I'm try to Run bw1 on vista but it don't work! When i install the game and i run it, appears a black window and crashes.. why?  a solution?  :help

Hi Antò.  I have never tried installing B&W1 on vista so I can't really help myself, but if you don't get a more helpful response soon, might I suggest you do a search for "Vista" on the Community here as there's slot of topics out there discussing various Vista/Windows 7 related issues.

The only advice that I can give is, do not install it in program files, make a folder in documents, or in your desktop and install it there.
My old computer was windows vista, and this one is windows 7 and I can play it fine.

Please tell us a bit more, such as what is  your graphics card?

How much RAM do you have? Do you have the latest drivers of your graphics card, and other such.

Are you also the administrator?

And lastly, Why are you using Vista? Vista is the bane of the pc world, and should be left like a cactus in the desert.

antò said:
I'm try to Run bw1 on vista but it don't work! When i install the game and i run it, appears a black window and crashes.. why?  a solution?  :help

Go to BnW SetUp in the Lionhead file in the Local file on This Computer, right click on the SetUp icon, then select Run as Windows 95, and you might have to set the screen to 850x640 or something

well I'm not sure if it'll work but it worked for me ^^;

The big secret for older games is  NOT to install to the default location on new systems.
Create a new folder outside any "programs" folder  called "games" or any other name you  want and install there.

Vista /W7 problems shold the be solved.

Back