Playing Online Games

Pangarna

Ok, firstly, I want to thank Kays for all the help with finding and uploading Phoenix.

Secondly, I'm rather confused on this matter of playing online games.

I want to play B&W online again, probably with my girlfriend if she ever chooses a new creature...

Anyway..

I have both Hamachi & Phoenix downloaded, I was under the impression that I had to use Hamachi (already set up a network and all) and then put the I.P into Phoenix in order to play online.

Is this correct?

Or was my original assumption (set up the network, have someone join, go into LAN rather than "play online" and then something...else..) correct?

Can someone clarify this for me please?

:help

EDIT: I should note that I have followed the instruction for Hamachi here:
http://allboards.lionhead.com/forums/thread/2828083.aspx
However, I do not have "Network & Internet Connections" as displayed, I have other options but no way to access the menu he describes

Hamachi can be used to setup a virtual LAN is you're unable to do so with Phoenix. Normally if you have the IP address of who's hosting this shouldn't be necessary.

SO basically:

Get someone to connect to my Hamachi network,
Run B&W
Lan game..

Then what? :)

The persons computer name will appear join his game, or he will click you if he wants you to be host.

Im currently working on a land 5 online with four palyers. It was unlucky I lost my flash stick with it on. So I am remaking it. I may give out some clues about the map later.

I recommend you this map pack.

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/index.php?action=file&id=239

It is a map pack which Lionhead had three extra maps on.

also im trying to convert my silvers land to online but its a bit buggy and peoples conplaining that it is too much for there computer to work (refering to brand new ones) so what i thought was removing some of that scenary and animals from the land, making the land smaller in size. :shocked

also im now ready for any online match starting 4 days from now, so if anyone wants an online match just let me know :angry

:help also if anyone wants there map converting to online just let me know :help

I'm in the same boat. I'm seeing other players but they're not seeing me. I have "enable hosting" set, and my firewall down, (also tried with ports forwarded).

They have the right IP, i see them connected to lobby, and i see them in the menu in game, but they can't see me.

does a game have to run on LAN, or can it be over the internet? if it is over LAN, then noone can play eachother, if im correct

Hamachi is the tool I use to make these matches appear,anyone can be the host of a game if a person clicks on them to make them the host. LAN is the option you should click, the one which requires a passwrod does not work.

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but Talon stated: "I have "enable hosting" set, and my firewall down, (also tried with ports forwarded)." How do i "enable hosting?" Im having trouble with this issue, but i have a feeling that being able to enable hosting may solve it. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated, as i really want to play online. Neither me nor my friend can see eachother.
Thanks

I thought that Player 1 was automatically the host.

Back