playing BnW again, creature training, hamachi servers, and playing archeologist

Malignorant

It has been about 3 years since i last really got into black and white, even back then it was an old game. This game is about 10 years old but amazingly remains a fresh and fun gaming experience. I am continuously surprised by the complexity of the creature training system and the numerous easter eggs in the game. I thought that I was more or less where I left off the last time, but I read a couple of my old posts and now I realize I've actually come nowhere near there. Starting from scratch again is a little bit annoying, and I have forgotten most of what I knew back then.

Black and White 2 has somewhat ruined creature training for me. There was a lot of mythology surrounding it back in the day, which I'm not sure is actually true. At one point it was believed that you could teach your creature -anything-, even long sequences of complex actions, with enough repetition. Now I wonder if it is like BnW2, relying on weighted singular actions. Any links to good tutorials would be appreciated.

The hamachi server, "BW Service" is full, and the city builders one is registered but inactive. I wonder if there is a new one? I don't have any multiplayer experience at all, and I tend to turtle too much, creeping my first town out over the map until it's influence actually encompasses the enemy temple, which I'm pretty sure would be a horrible tactic in multiplayer. I tend to be a pretty passive Black and White player, and use the game as more of a meditative stress release process. I think that the name of the game should have been "Mr. Bighand grows a forest", at least in my case. Still even after having played the game for almost a year religiously, taking a 3 year hiatus and now playing again, I am still learning new things, which I probably should have known a lot sooner. I just read a sign today saying that if I plant trees in my worship site, it will generate mana more efficiently. I probably missed that because I usually just build my creche next to it and mass sacrifice children.  :sorry

Anyway, I am delighted to see so many recent posts (this year) in this forum, and I am happy to see that the online community for this game is not at all dead. This is one of the few video games out there that actually lives up to the ideal and exists as a work of art.

Hi, yes surprisingly, there still is interest in the original game. If anything, the volume of downloads is picking up and not dropping off.

For a refresher, here's a FAQ on using leases. More FAQs can be found in this category

Back