Old time player, several questions!

quillweave

Hullo! I've played this game for a long time (and I've been on this forum before as well! Long since forgotten the password and changed emails, though, and I kind of wanted a new account anyway.  :p) Anyway, I wanted to ask you veterans a few things.

1.) How can one avoid rewarding/punishing a creature for the wrong thing? It seems to be a guessing game. For example, I want to reward my creature for eating fish, but instead the message says he'll get more hungry when his energy is low, which isn't what I want to encourage. Similar happens with pooing - he poos against a tree, I pet him, and I'm told 'he'll poo more.' Anyway to work around this?

2.) I've tried making artifacts of the dud singing stones on Land One, to no avail. What's up with that? I just can't make the villagers dance around them - they ignore them entirely. I'm playing Black and White Platinum for Mac, so it should be fully patched.

3.) Finally, is there anyway to keep the tiger from looking dopey as his alignment becomes kinder? He turns chubby and his ears grow and - ech. I want a regal tiger, not a fluffy wuvable one. I know there are skins, but I mean the body - is there a way to keep him that shape while he still glows when he's good?

Thanks for any and all answers, if I get any.  :D Things seem a bit quiet, although much more active than most places I wager. I've been having a looksee and this forum is awesome!

Edit: Oh! One more thing that's been bothering me for a while! I notice in the screenshots while loading the game there's one of a very large Ape in the creature cave. You can see the pedestals nearby - including one with smiley faces on it. I've never seen that pedestal ingame. Was it removed?

The "platinum pack" is the same I use.....
The smiley in the creature cave was either deleted (as you said) or they are part of the windows version.  When it tells you the creature will poo more, the creature messages are not always correct...
Perhaps someone with more creature knowledge can help you there...
For the singing stones just leave them there, (do not pick them up) and I am sure they will charge up on land 2.  Again, there are people way more knowledgeable on this subject than I.
As for the tiger I can't help, but, there is a way, I would do it if I could get the .l3d converter to work correctly.

1.) I would check out the creature cave section of the forum for anything on creatures. The threads there can probably explain it better than I can.

2.) I would just take them with you and try again on Land 2. I have never had a problem making artifacts on Land 2.

3.) I'm not sure if there is a way, but look into AppleApe's suggestion.

I believe those smilie faces were taken out, because they are not in the Windows version.

I've never seen any smileys in the Creature Cave. They were probably deleted.
I don't think artifacts work on Land 1, but be sure to bring those 3 offkey singing stones to the next land; you'll need them.

As for a less teddy bear looking tiger, look in the Downloads section for skins by "the Great Dementron".  This modder editted the good tiger skins to make it look more regal and less like an obese koala.  :laugh:

Yeah, I guess they were deleted. That's a shame, they look rather neat! And I ended up just scripting the game to add in some appropriate artifact items in Land One instead.  :p

The skin is fantastic! So much better!

Thanks all very much for the help! :D

They took out a pedestal in the Creature Cave. The Egyptian wonder was also turned from a pyramid to a somewhat boxier tomb. Dunno why though.

There are, as has already been said, alternate skins for the tiger. What I did was rename the body file (don't remember which one it is) for the good tiger, copy the neutral tiger and rename the copy to be the original name of the good tiger, because I didn't like it, either. Then I just started using leopards, and eventually started using the Eve skin someone made.

Back