OH MY GOD

mcfrosty3000

I ran the unstuffer to start this whole mess, then i deleted it, or something like that, because it didnt work some of the skins or textures i downloaded. Now I have reinstalled the game multiple times and now all of the skins and textures dont work. Does anyone know whats going on?

What do you mean by skins and textures don't work?

Does the game run properly otherwise?

yeah the game runs just fine, but anyting I put in the skins, models and textures files, they dont work.

i dont know if i should re install it, but im tired of this whole mess. I should have never messed with the unstuffer.

Try to remove the game and after that you should look if there's still a folder called Lionhead Studios, if that's the case delete it.
I used to download all sorts of mods from here mostly the Japanese and Aztecs mod, even after reinstalling the game the mods weren't gone for good, and then after removing the Lionhead studios folder. I just installed the game again and everything was back to normal

i think that if you merely re - install a game, the engine will only replace a few files. you need to uninstall the game, restart the computer, then install the game from the CD.
it happened to me before under similar circumstances. :rolleyes theres probably some files that your computer has held onto that are causing problems.
but if this doesnt work, well i guess we cant help you anymore - its a problem with your computer, not your BW2 folder.

i havent tried shutting off the computer, but i will give it a try. By the way, thanks for all the help everyone. Its been nice. :)

The everthing.stuff file is required. That's where all of the textures and models are stored.

i just cant understand whats going on.  what can effect a game that keeps on occuring everytime you uninstall it again and again. It got to be something.

You can try EA Support. :rolleyes

Uninstall the game. Rename the folder it's in but don't delete it. Then reinstall the game and patch it. You can also rename the saved games folder in My Documents and have the game create a new one. If things work proper then rename the two folders to swap them. This will tell if it's a profile problem.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLJ_en-GB&q=ea+support&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

i dont understand this, can someone please explain this:

To manually uninstall this game you will need to edit your system registry and remove the folders in a two part process. This will remove all traces of the game from your system.

Remember that editing your computers registry or files incorrectly can severely damage your operating system.  We recommend having a computer professional perform these steps.  If you are confident, however, that you can edit your registry successfully, then please follow the instructions below carefully. To remove all of the game folders:

1Open your My Documents folder.
2Right-click on Black & White 2 folder and choose Delete.
3A Confirm Folder Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
4When the folder is finished deleting, close the window.
5Open My Computer.
6Open your harddrive (by default this is C:).
7Open the Program Files folder.
8Open the Lionhead Studios folder.
9Right-click on Black & White 2 folder and choose Delete.
10A Confirm Folder Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
11When the folder is finished deleting, close the window.
12Right-click on your Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.
Now you can remove the registry keys for the game:

13Click on Start and then click on Run...
14In the text line type regedit, then click OK.
15Click on File and then Export...
16Choose a location and name for the file (this will be your backup registry file).
17Click Save.
The next steps will all be performed in the left pane of the Registry Editor window:

18Click on the + next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
19Click on the + next to SOFTWARE.
20Click on the + next to Lionhead Studios.
21Right-click on Black and White 2 folder and choose Delete.
22A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
23Click on the + next to Electronic Arts.
24Right-click on Black and White 2 and choose Delete.
25A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
26Click on the + next to Electronic Arts within the other Electronic Arts folder.
27Right-click on Black and White 2 and choose Delete.
28A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
29Click on the + next to Microsoft.
30Click on the + next to Windows.
31Click on the + next to Current Version.
32Click on the + next to Uninstall.
33Right-click on {D9E52CD1-9DF1-4A8A-9BDC-1E5E53982F2B} and choose Delete.
34A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
35Black and White 2 has now been completely removed from your system.

I dont really understand steps 13-35

wow, i dont think you have to do all the stuff mentioned in the paragraph.

just go to the control panel (on the search bar or sometimes in my computer.)

double click "add/remove programs" and scroll down to black and white 2. then click "remove", which is located to the right of the balck and white 2 icon. it should run you through a pretty simple uninstallation process, which should get rid of all the BW2 files.

please note that this is true only for an XP machine - Vista or windows 7 might have something slightly different.

@GallopRider, that's for BW1

@mcfrosty3000 What you posted is a way to delete the game and clean the registry. It appears to be well documented and seems to cover all bases. But I wouldn't do the first four steps as that deletes your saved games. Although using "Add and Remove Programs" as mentioned above,  is the proper way to do it

Where did you find it?

Back