Official Unofficial Questions About Black & White (One) Thread

whellopeople

Title says it all, so I guess I'll start.

One: What is UP with that sculpting guy in land one? When I don't need him anymore, he wanders around the island-I even saw him walk straight into the ocean and kill himself!

Two: What do those mushrooms do? I know the white one helps your growth and the red ones hurt you (you being your creature), but the blue ones seem to do nothing...I feed it to him, and he doesn't act high. *shrug*

Three: What does Vagrant Start mean? Not the forum title, the one in game you get when you press S sometimes.

ne: He is epic that is all  :D
two: Add it to the store house and you will get food :cool:
three: cookies ??

Questions
how do i play LAN in b&w i have a problem.
my game can't quire  :help

Hi whellopeople.  Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the entire "B&W & CI" forum here is meant for these kind of questions.  To pile them all into one topic would get very confusing as people tried to answer individual questions.

Ideally, each question gets it's own topic so that it can be discussed without being confused with anything else.  Now if one or more questions are related to one another or an answer triggers a different question to the one at the start of the topic, then by all means, that can stay in the one topic (as there is a natural flow to that), but your questions are pretty disconnected to one another.

But to be nice, let me try to answer the two outstanding questions here, i.e. your last question and Exit2008.

"Vagrant Start" was just a name thought up by the developers.  I don't know if it has any special meaning though.  It's normally used on people who were part of a specific scroll quest.  I don't think they ever show up on ordinary villagers.  It's actually quite helpful in identifying people that are part of quests if you loose sight of them.  As you observed about the sculptor, these Vagrants hang around afterwards most of the time.  If you like, you can pick them up and assign them to live in one of your houses where they then become like a normal villager. It's kinda cool actually watching these characters that showed up talking to you going around the village like everyone else afterwards.

If you never assign them to a house, they'll just walk around like the sculptor doing nothing, but the fact that he walked into the ocean is kinda funny :laugh2 .

As for playing on LAN, I'm afraid I can't be of much help there.  I assume you want to play online using Hamachi as the odds of you finding another player in your area to actually play over a LAN connection would be slim I imagine.

My advice would be to actually create a topic on this.  You'd be more likely to get a better response that way  :;):

I understand, it's just that I had seen something like this and thought it'd be useful here.

Perhaps I should've done more research  :laugh:

And my bubble isn't burst;it's guarded by my fearsome lion! Cheers!

Back