Odd Glitching Map

Okapidragon

Elder
I am, finally, setting to work on a custom map of my own. (I've tried before, but my apathy levels were too high. I'd tried detining plans, everything, and I just couldn't lower them.) Anyhow, I am essentially already done, but there lies one problem. I just tested it before adding the villagers, and neither my creature nor any other creatures that I inserted can move. If I use the leash, the CreatureTips say something along the lines of "That area is inaccessible." I read something on here saying that someone else had had a similar problem, but stating that it was due to the influence being set to zero. However, my influence is taken from another (working) map, along with most of my other major settings (day and night, etc.) I don't think that it is a script problem, therefore, but a problem with the landscape. It does a a couple of issues wit the coastlines, but as a test, I emulated these problems in the god's playground, and it still works fine. As stated, I haven't yet added people, so I don't know if this effects them, too. I will post pics of the land and, if possible, the .lnd file up ASAP (possibly later today, though I'm working between a gaming computer in one room, and an internet computer across the house, and I still have a bit of apathy left in my system). Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

How do u make custom maps, without the glitch of it appearing and disapperaing while you look around?

Anyway I think the issue with the movement of the creature, is that you need the temple to be on a flat area? If you've done that I dunno what to do?

Ohh.... I didn't really think of that. Will try.

As for your question, I use BWSurveyor, and I never have trouble... Though if you load it too often, it has a tendency to appear a little glitchy. As for scripting, I use Express Map Editor... So, in short, I use the defaults, and rarely have any trouble.

Oh, I tryed it... I even used wireframe, to make sure it was perfectly even, and it didn't work. I think I'll release the map and let other people sort it out.

Erm, sorry to sound mean, but did you try the level brush and alter the altitude, then used a size 80 radius thats what I would recommend to place a temple down...

Sorry to sound a meanie...

Actually, I was very certain to allow a large margin. I leveled the area, indeed, and used the size 100 tool on wireframe with the altitude indicator at the top to double check. I place the temple right in the middle, and booted it. The circle has quite a margin around the temple, but the creatures stillcan't move (though I can kill my cow to get it into the cage, and I can nudge it by spanking it and hitting it with rocks). I'll post it next time I remember to bring my flash drive.  :rolleyes :)

Back