not enough soldiers.

anglosaxon

Elder
is there ANY way - and i mean ANY way to make the platoons in BW2 bigger? i get bored with killing 20 soldiers every 5 minutes!! :angry :angry :angry

so is there ANY way - game balance files, .chl files, script uncompilers....

PLEASE!!! IM DESPERATE!!!  :cry :cry

so is there ANY way - game balance files, .chl files, script uncompilers....

Unfortunately, the platoon size is written into the script. It would of been nice if LHS wrote a difficulty level in with platoon size being one of the factors.

Other than that, script your own maps.

The platoon size is not fixed for either side.  It may seem that Lionhead always uses 20 as a platoon size  but this is just a common size for a platoon.
I Just had a look at the intact platoons on the Norse land  some are 10 and some have 15 troops. Later lands can have upto 40 or so from memory. So it should be possible to edit the game script somehow.
It would be nice  to be able to lower the  points gained from building to make it harder as another factor.

I remember seeing one (rather oddly placed) platoon of 120 melee troops on the second japanese land, near the second largest town. They were always my favourite to tear into  :D

In the second Japanese land, they had around 250 left and I got 700 men to attack the main base. Guess who won?
I like BOTG for they have veteran platoons and more challenge. What makes a game fun is some challenge. :yes

SkelApe said:
I remember seeing one (rather oddly placed) platoon of 120 melee troops on the second japanese land, near the second largest town. They were always my favourite to tear into  :D

ive seen them too. theyre a one - off, and (i think) the army you see at the beginnig of the game is a single platoon.

Gremxula said:
The platoon size is not fixed for either side.  It may seem that Lionhead always uses 20 as a platoon size  but this is just a common size for a platoon.
I Just had a look at the intact platoons on the Norse land  some are 10 and some have 15 troops. Later lands can have upto 40 or so from memory. So it should be possible to edit the game script somehow.
It would be nice  to be able to lower the  points gained from building to make it harder as another factor.

so how can i use this to alter the difficulty?

This is the "general  discussion area" if you want specific  info on modding then maybe  you posted in the wrong section.  If you had asked in the modding section  I would not have posted  a reply.

If you want B&W2 harder  just get BOTG as mentioned above  and don't forget the statues to get to the bonus land then the attacks can go into 1000+ from several directions at once and you cant hide behind walls. You can't  build them in that land  :laugh2

They conquered all my towns except the main one in the Bonus Land. I was facing even a larger threat.  :p

Hello i have a differend qeustion how do you script a map?
I want to get soldiers on my map but i cant find it anywhere:( can somebody please help me?
I,m using BOTG btw:)

Back