New Project.

Revolver ocelot

-blows dust of black and white-
ahh the golden games of gaming.

Im making a mod guys and girls, Ive made mods for many games before, but none that ive been so pumped for =D

Ive made mods for half life to empire at war, and loved doing it, and now I even study game design, Aint life grand.....well, yes....

You see, I have a dream (yawn speach time )
when I go to sleep everynightits not images of my girlfriend I see before my eye lides, Its my beloved pet cow on black and white whom I long to have another adventure with, Sure skirmish maps are fun right?
But who wants to play some old map that a 12 year old made and one that you always seem to fnish too early, I long for the days where a game used to take three hours to complete one segment and every part of it was, well great, and addicting.
thats why imhopfully going to make a mod =D

now look at it this way.....

+ Ive NEVER modded black and white before, always wanted to , life got in the way.
+ I DO have a clean cut idea as to what i wish to acomplish.
+ I DO have faith that you guys and girls will help me whenI need help.

First of all id like or ratherlove for kays to simply post all the tutorial links he can that relate  to modding the files of b&w one.
  I might even get some friends of mine to do some voice acting, and use the sound editer to use them ingame for some `drama,'

Whats the mod about?

Well, no dobt you have all played the skirmish map where bascicly its a massive castle wall, nothing  in it, nothing around it?
I'lll presume for my sake you have, ever thought `I sure wish someone did something with that,'
Well that person is hopefully me, and what am i going to do?

Create a game in a game called : `Battle Box destruction,'
  My oal is to make a seris of maps that intertweivn like a chain, having a teleport betweem the mpas so the player may swap as they choose to, and eventually after `winning,' or claming all of thevillages on eatch map, they shall have a chance for one last showdown, to fight the evil `gunak,' a man wom discovered ways to play with the power of a god, and eventually the player shall win and be happy.

however, hthis is going to be complicated =/
its going to be a `free tme,' project.
one that I SHALL update, and SHALL work on, but a free time project none the less.

thaughts, ideas, encorigment? please post below, Im about to go read some tutorials.
(and yes my spelling and grammer are atrotious , im using a keyboard witch I spilt juice on on x-mas day.. therefore its a pain to type corectly, or spell correctly for that matter =/ )

It is certainly good that people still take an interest in modding such an old game (only 7 years mind you, but its a long time in gaming standards). I'm all for it. You might want to take a look at 00dins castle map to take a look at the possibilities. It was never finished, but could provide some inspiration
Good luck! :0 Any more details on how you plan to make this all possible by the way?

As I said, ive no scripting exsperiance,Im the ideas guy ;-)

pfft, making it possible, I know I can un-compile the sound using the add  on in  the download section and add the ovoice overs that way, making the ingame cut scenes shoudnt be too hard, the mapping has been done before by other people, so thers nothing exactly stopping me, scripting wise, i figure ill learn what i need tolearn and get cracking.

The two sites most into scripting and modding have been shut down for too long. Unfortunately, when they were viable, I wasn't into scripting. So I didn't capture any of it and all which I do have are just a few fragments.

Any other info, modding wise, has been added to the FAQs.

aww  thats too bad man, however I figured out how Im going to do the scripting, well atleast scipt the quests anyways :)

using the chsl exstrcter and its examples its pretty easy to learn the commands for using it .
im making a fun little mess around map now, shall post when complete.

No offense, Ocelot, but you have to do a spellcheck on your posts, if you want to maintain the reader's attention, they have quality, but the spelling is ruining your credibility.  :)

It's nice to see you active again.

Yes, on alot of forums people pick at my spelling and typing.
The problem is  on x-mas day I spilt apple juice on my keyboard, all the keys are stiff, mostly its just typos and what not, other times its my own spelling =]

luckily Kay's does have a spellchecker on the site, I shall use it.

update.
I figured out the coding, this mod is now going to be simply one map, with maybe two or three quests.
It is going to be a simple mod seeing as many of the recoures I wish to add are.... well non do-able.
:sorry

however, Im shall be using the castle map, your goal shalll be  to get inside that map and convert three towns, while doing two other quests.

Ill ue the town editer tool for addintg the towns, ive already edited some of the raws, and the cut scenes aand coding usedin the complier and exstracter are pretty good for teaching people all they really need to know.

Back