New mod, map, skin or balancefile request.

I'm thinking of making a new mod. what do you think I should do?

• Skin (villagers or soldiers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skin (buildings)

• gamebalancefile

• Not interested, dont bother.

• Total voters

anglosaxon

Elder
kayssplace has been VERY quiet recently, and im thinking of making a new mod, map, skin etc. but I dont want to waste a couple of weeks on something that only 3 or 4 people will download. :(

so please vote, even if you dont want a mod. i just want to see how many people are on kayssplace and how many are still into mods.

thanks

If anything I'd like to see more maps.

Secondly, maybe different skins for buildings.

I'd finish the Norse Kingdoms Campaigns map, but it has so little support that it gives me no motivation. I have 4 cutscenes done, plus the boats. I also have some potential voice actors, but no one wants it :suspect

It's not that nobody wants it.. you just don't advertise :p

Also - Mods are wonderful - But remember, you should create them for your own fun.  :laugh:  once you make them for other people, you'll get bored.

I had that with all games I did mods for too :p - I always staded I created them for my own use and fun - and that I just 'share' them, with Kayssplace I didn't, as it seemed natural ! :p

yeah, like if you make a norse battle kind of thing ( like your doing) or like a japanese civil war, etc, it gets really fun.

SkelApe said:
I'd finish the Norse Kingdoms Campaigns map, but it has so little support that it gives me no motivation. I have 4 cutscenes done, plus the boats. I also have some potential voice actors, but no one wants it :suspect

One of the problems is that interest in B&W is slowly deminishing. I think that BW2 maps would of been more popular if there was a built in skirmish mode like with BW1.

I've decided to copy this poll to the news page to see what the public is interested in.

SkelApe said:
I agree, that you have to advertise this. You should put something on the main page about this, or something on filefront too. Get the word out.

I voted building skins, but I'd give anything a shot, really. Good luck with your decision! ^_^

I would like a bit of everything in the list. But I agree with kays, there should be more maps.

Sylcai said:
It's not that nobody wants it.. you just don't advertise :p

And so Elate was born, to free Norse Kingdoms of its shackles and realise it into the world!
And yea.. a skirmish would be great, and as has been said, more creative maps would also be good, like the Norse Kingdoms one! :D

how do you make the t_greekwarriorc textures into the skins for the soldiers? In other words, how do you get the s_greekwarriorc skin?

i think ill do a map. people are still interested.
and mapmaking is probably the most fun out of all the options. :)
any details on what KIND of map? say, desert or fertile valley or something. i was going to do one where you act like a raider - you start with a tiny town and must conquer other towns  in a large fertile valley to get their resources, because your town is so small.

mcfrosty3000 said:
an aztec jungle map would be awesome, with a aztec civil war :woot
haha, i was making exactly that today, then my editor decided that it didn't want to reopen it D: ah well... life goes on...

i think ill do something with a huge castle that you have to capture, and you have a tiny village, so you must conquer all the small villages to get enough power and followers to win.

good idea?

i might also do a sort of "new world conquest" map, where you play as the spanish and only have a small base but far superior soldiers. you have to destroy the aztec empire.

I wanted castles to be a Norse Kingdoms exclusive actually, could you find another model/texture?

Back