Multiplayer Noob Questions

AppleApe

Well, I am, as the topic says, a noob to multiplayer, so I have a few questions:

• What is required to play multiplayer?  I have heard of things called Phoenix and Hamachi, do they work on Mac?
• Can someone on a Mac play with someone on a PC?
• In a multiplayer game, can I keep all my creature, hand, fireball and lightning, skins?
• Are four players at once the maximum allowed on a given map?
• Do you have to fight?  What if you just want train a young stupid creature?  :p
• Does everyone play evil and hammer your village with everything they have got?

I might think of more, thanks for any help!  :)

AppleApe said:
Well, I am, as the topic says, a noob to multiplayer, so I have a few questions:

• What is required to play multiplayer?  I have heard of things called Phoenix and Hamachi, do they work on Mac?
• Can someone on a Mac play with someone on a PC?
• In a multiplayer game, can I keep all my creature, hand, fireball and lightning, skins?
• Are four players at once the maximum allowed on a given map?
• Do you have to fight?  What if you just want train a young stupid creature?  :p
• Does everyone play evil and hammer your village with everything they have got?

I might think of more, thanks for any help!  :)
1. Those are needed and the patches for Black & white.
2. You can.
3. I don't think so.
4. Yepp.
5. You have to tell it to the other god(s) and  you have to keep your creature's distance from the  other god(s) villages or they will maybe attack your creature or even  your village(s).
6. Not every player like this. But mostly yea. So always keep an eye on your villages and your enemies.

Thank you for your answers!  :D
Here are more :yourock: :

• So to play, I would need either Phoenix or Hamachi, is one better, are they just different, do more players use one over the other?
• What are Phoenix and Hamachi, what is their purpose?
• Where would I find the Mac version of these things?
• Do I have to create an account? 
• Mac only has one patch, I think, and my game works good, do I still need one?  :upside
• That's pretty awesome you can play someone on a PC!
• I guess I can just back up my current skins and put the standards back in.
• Do routers or modems need any special tuning for online play?
• Are the most common maps the three basic ones?
• Does a game take forever to set up, or does it just depend? :p
• Do a lot of people (I mean this relatively) still play multiplayer?
• How long do games go on?
• Say you told the other gods you wanted to build instead of fight,  that's what you did in game, they themselves fought and all but one of them were left, does he have to kill you or vice verse for the game to end?
• Do you have to know who you are playing with first, then join the person(s?) in the chat room, then start the game?

By now I am sure you can tell I know next to nil about this. :shocked

I don't know the answer to a lot of your questions, but I believe you can still have your skins applied when you play online. You'll be the only one that can see them, of course, but at least over LAN you can have skins still applied. I assume it's the same online.

You don't necessarily have to defeat other gods to win. The newest multiplayer patch on PC allows you to set other victory conditions, as well as a time limit. I don't know if the newest patch for the Mac version allows this as well, but I would guess it does.

LAN is just playing over the local network in your house, whereas online is using the internet.

I believe Phoenix and Hamachi just emulate a LAN connection between two computers over the internet, actually. Because the actual Lionhead servers for Black & White have got to be down now.

Where do I find the Mac version of Phoenix and Hamachi?

Edit:
Freaky, just after I read your comment (and posted this one) I powered up a new game on my PS3, and it gives me a few options, two of which are LAN and Online, odd...  :suspect

Is there no Mac version?  Are they all the same?  Does anyone know?  :p
If I could set up what needs to be set up, I could go for a game later tonight maybe!  :woot

A quick Google search for "hamachi for mac" turned up several results:

http://goo.gl/NKThm

I have hamachi, what do I do?  :p
I says press the "on" or "power" button to turn it on in the little pop up box, then it does some stuff, and tells me the name of the owner of the computer.
Do I need an account at hamachi?
Do I just need a password to join something while inside the future room?

RaTcHeT302 said:
You should use tunngle instead, it's a lot more stable and easier to use if you ask me.

What is tunngle?
Is there a Mac version?
Does it do the same thing just as well?

RaTcHeT302 said:
Also should I create a new forum for the active black & white users? The layout here and others stuff really should be changed.

Are you saying an alternate, maybe back up forums, if kayssplace's DB crashed again?
Or are you saying a new board, within kayssplace about/for active users of B&W 1?
And the layout, as in a new skin for the site?  There are already a few, but, some are sorta glitched, like the Babylon Theme.

I will google it some time soon. 
I don't think bootcamp works without a copy of Windows for it to install, Wine could, just might maybe work.

Another forum would be interesting, that way instead of one left, there would be two.
Some people come on at different times, I have seen a few peeps active often, and there are some members and admins that still hang around, even a few new ones.

I think another forum-site-place thing would be a good idea.  :yes
Another might = more people who play B&W, and = more people who find answers to their B&W questions.
So, I vote yes, I don't know about the other peoples opinions here.  ???

I searched for a Mac version of Tunngle, there is none...  :(
How does one join a B&W server on Hamachi?
Are there any?  ???
If there aren't, how do I create one?

With the amount of active people so low i think making a new forum would be a waste of time and anyway now that this is masically the only B&W forum we need to keep it going well atleast try!
And i would be up for some multiplayer! in about a week need to get my creature up to scratch with miracles because only just reinstalled the game

BanjaminF said:
And i would be up for some multiplayer! in about a week need to get my creature up to scratch with miracles because only just reinstalled the game

Good luck getting your creature up to scratch!  :) I am making mine FROM scratch, literally.  :laugh2

Out of all creatures, it will be the Chimp! :cool:

Since I cannot use creature changers on Mac, I went to land three with an Ape, unlocked the Chimp, did a mind switch, then a body switch, than a back the way it was switch. :suspect
And now, I am gonna train my Chimp! :angel

Sorry for double post.

He still needs more time, but:

AppleApe said:
How does one join a B&W server on Hamachi?
If there aren't any, how do I create one?

AppleApe said:
Good luck getting your creature up to scratch!  :) I am making mine FROM scratch, literally.  :laugh2

Out of all creatures, it will be the Chimp! :cool:

Since I cannot use creature changers on Mac, I went to land three with an Ape, unlocked the Chimp, did a mind switch, then a body switch, than a back the way it was switch. :suspect
And now, I am gonna train my Chimp! :angel
Where can I  unlock the chimp?

If you have the Ape on the third land, you'll get him when you complete the Silver Reward Scroll quest titled "The Rejuvenator."

To complete that quest, give the woman three adults to turn into children. After that, she'll say she is dizzy. Then, give her a child.

That should be the solution, if I recall correctly.

RaTcHeT302 said:
You should use tunngle instead, it's a lot more stable and easier to use if you ask me.

Do you want me to create a guide for it? Also should I create a new forum for the active black & white users? The layout here and others stuff really should be changed.

YES YOU SHOULD! I really need help and I would appreciate yours :D

Back