Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BW Phoenix

• Doesn't matter

• Total voters

Mary26

Elder
Today I hosted games using both BW Phoenix and Hamachi.  From my point of view, there was no difference between them, I don't have to forward ports to use BW Phoenix.  But I would like to use whatever program is going to serve the most players.  So, if you want to play multiplayer and have a preference, please vote.

Also, please post the day/time that you would like to play, so that we get an idea what would be the best times to host games.  We don't have to limit the games to just Saturday morning if there is interest in playing at other times.

For me I voted I doesn't matter. But Hamachi does seem to be easier to use and probably more flexable.

I cant forward ports... The company that set up our router has a password set on it.
I cant access the router, and if i reset the router i wont have the settings needed to connect to the net...

BW Phoenix for me

Just as far as the programs features go it doesn't really matter to me either.
Then again, I often had massive out of synch problems when playing B&W with Hamachi, so Phoenix would probably be a safer bet.
As Kratzean suggested, these problems might have been resolved in the new Hamachi release but I didn't try it yet...that's why Phoenix gets my vote.

Concerning the game time: Saturday is fine with me. I think it's a good choice in general with it being weekend and all...
I would prefer to play a bit earlier though but I guess that isn't possible since you already get up at eight or something to host this game  :shocked

I just voted for doesn't matter. I have both installed so its np for me.
About the times, i work from home so i am very flexible  :)

P.S. A plus for hamachi is that we can also play Creature Isle with it, i thought i 'd mention that.

I voted for Pheonix.
I haven't had a problem with it yet, and i don't trust the sound of Hamachi...
Sorry I haven't been playing for a while, I just have a lot going on right now. I assure you that I will play again someday.

I'm going to close this poll.  We have a majority for BW Phoenix/Doesn't matter, so I am going to continue to use BW Phoenix.  If someone wants a Hamachi game some other time, we can try to arrange something , but for the regularly schedule Saturday games I will host using BW Phoenix.

Back