Mouse Wheel Zooming Problem

jumbo297

Hello,

I recently installed Windows Seven (x64) and as a result have had to reinstall black and white 2. All has gone well and the game is working perfectly but for a single annoying issue with zooming using the mouse wheel.

The game will not zoom in or out when turning the mouse wheel unless it is done at an impractically high speed. While this isn't exactly a game-breaking issue, I will be very thankful for any help anyone can offer.

I am using:
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 7000 (with Intellipoint but I don't think this is causing the problem)

It may be due to the configuration of your mouse or perhaps a driver issue.

This is all the more likely if you own a fancy mouse and not the usual boring standard ones you get with the PC first day.

As you've recently updated to Windows 7, you may want to check you have the latest drivers four your mouse.

The reason I'm thinking this is that you say that zooming does work if you move the mouse-wheel very fast, so it may just be some kind of responsiveness issue that could be handled by updating the drivers.

Although, one problem with my theory is that you're probably not having any mouse wheel issues with any other programs, correct?

In any case, it can't hurt to check for more up-to-date drivers.

If you have another mouse with a scroll-wheel lying about, it mightn't hurt to try that one and see what happens.  At least then, you'll know if it's a problem with the mouse or the program.

Other than those ideas, I got nothing.

Hope that helps.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The desktop itself does not have any drivers for download, these being surplus to requirements and as such included within Intellipoint. Anyway, I reinstalled it using the latest, up-to-date version, but unfortunately there was no change.

Just to clarify, the mouse scroll wheel does not work at slow-slightly above average speeds. It needs to be rotated at an abnormally high speed before there is any effect. (I don't mean to be patronising if you do understand, it's just that your post said the opposite and I wanted to be sure.)

I'm going to try and get hold of another mouse to check whether it's the mouse but, like you said, I have had no problems in any other programs.

I don't suppose you have any other ideas.

No really, I'm afraid.

We'll know more if you get to try out another mouse on the PC.

I'm not well up on where to look, but you might want to game a look around the controller options in the game.  Perhaps there's a slider there that controls mouse-wheel sensitivity?

Back