MORE PATCH PROBLEMS!

Lollo

I finally got 1.2 installed, but there's still a huge problem...
I got it to install by uninstalling and reinstalling the game in C:/Games, then selecting no when it asked if I wanted to play it.
After that, I installed 1.2 with no error messages! I was so happy, until I tried to play it.
It said "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, then try again."
But the correct CD IS IN!  :banghead :cry

Can someone PLEASE help me??!  :help

(I've included a screenshot of the error message.)

There are alternate versions of RunBlack.exe that removes the need for the CD to be in the drive. That should help.

It's the old copy protection that is not compatible with some CD/DVD drives that causes the problem.

Gremxula said:
There are alternate versions of RunBlack.exe that removes the need for the CD to be in the drive. That should help.

It's the old copy protection that is not compatible with some CD/DVD drives that causes the problem.

Where would I find these alternate versions? Are they available for download?

Lollo said:
Where would I find these alternate versions? Are they available for download?

I'm not sure whether it's allowed to spread the file itself, but it should be pretty simple to find with a Google search of no-cd Black and White

Samboni said:
I'm not sure whether it's allowed to spread the file itself, but it should be pretty simple to find with a Google search of no-cd Black and White

Will I be able to patch the No-CD version?

Lollo said:
Will I be able to patch the No-CD version?

You can still a No-CD over a patch, I'm not sure if you can install a patch over a No-CD however.

Samboni said:

I found many NoCd's in a search, but I'm not sure which one is "safe", so to speak. Can you help me on this?

Gremxula said:
I have used "Myth" for many years  without problem.

Would that be the one found here http://gf.wiretarget.com/black_white.htm that says "Done by Myth" ?

Back