More Help

mcfrosty3000

Does anyone have a copy of the Land5.chl file i could have. Mine seemed to get deleted.

There isn't one in the first place, not sure why. Your game should run perfect without it, since LH didn't put it in on release.

i have tried it and it didnt work, but i think there is a way that I have to rename them to get them to work. :woot

I don't have BoTG installed to check but I think there were a few small differences.

You will need to add the map files to the BoTG/Data/landscapes folder.

Yep, it don't work..  :rolleyes

I installed BoTG, choose a map, changed the names of the files to match the BoTG format, Started a new game, went through the introduction stuff and then it crashed to the desktop.

I played around with several configurations to no avail. :(

yeah that sucks. especially now that my original black and white 2 game is busted, now i cant play any of those maps.

What's the matter with your game?

Have you tried a clean install? Backup any important folders, uninstall the game, delete all of the folders, do a defrag of the drive the game is installed in and then re-install it.

a defrag is a defragmentation, what it does is make the information on the hard drive closer together so it runs faster. i think you can access it through the control panel. it takes about an hour and you can run other stuff while defragging.

In Windows Exporer, right click on that drive, choose Properties and then Tools. You should see the option there.

What happens is that windows gets lazy and doesn't really delete files. It just hides them. So when doing a reinstall, if it finds a file on the drive already, it will just unhide it again. Speeds things up. But does pose a problem if the file is corrupt. De-fragging re-arranges the order in which the files are stored on the hard drive usually overwriting the hidden deleted files.

It can take some time depending on the size of the hard drive and how long it's been since it was llast defraged.

now can someone give me a copy of the norse files in the Data/landscape/BW2 folder? ???

There are no Norse files in that folder. Just the landscape/map files

can you send those to me, because the second norse land doesnt work anymore. I have tried reinstalling and defragging, but it just doesnt work. Its all because of that damn destuffer.

it takes a long time the first time you do it, but the more regularly you do it the faster your computer will run. its like brushing your teeth for the first time in years. it may hurt, but itll do you good.(bad example, sorry.)

you are referring to it as if youre doing it at the moment.

Back