Merging Creature Island with Black and White...

ValentineHeart82

Personally for everything I loved about Creature Island, there was that much more that I hated. The terrain sucked for building villages, huge sections were off limits for building, and the campaign was mostly just mini-games. Ok yeah, I didn't expect much, but Creature Island introduced some stuff too. It made it easier for creatures to eat out of the field, it let creatures help build, and it introduced new creatures.

Is there any way to get all of that in the Original Black and White campaign if I have both? Has it ever been attempted or discussed before?

Edit: I'm aware that it may not be possible to transfer everything between the games, but I'm interested in knowing what, if anything, can be transferred. For instance, if we can have a Chicken and Crocodile creature in Black and White, creature building and eating from the field, or any of the bug fixes that they should have released for the first one in a patch.

If there was, I think that someone would of done it by now.

The problem is that most of what you have described is either written into the game engine or the script. Neither of which we can edit. There is also the fact that the creature model types are different. 52 for B&W and 57 for CI (I think). Which is why you can't use a CI creature in B&W.

Kays said:
If there was, I think that someone would of done it by now.

The problem is that most of what you have described is either written into the game engine or the script. Neither of which we can edit. There is also the fact that the creature model types are different. 52 for B&W and 57 for CI (I think). Which is why you can't use a CI creature in B&W.

Lionhead should really have released a patch for this, for people who had both. In particular they should have released a patch containing the BUG FIXES in creature island, shame on them for not doing so.

For CI I think that they did that out of necessity. It was hard enough to teach Tyke to feed himself without the extra hasstle of checking to see it the grain was ripe first.

Kays said:
For CI I think that they did that out of necessity. It was hard enough to teach Tyke to feed himself without the extra hasstle of checking to see it the grain was ripe first.

But even if the grain is ripe in Black and White, it's still flagged as an object like Rocks and Trees and Teddy Bears, causing your creature to hurl if he eats it. I can't even get him to get any fullness from it, he's finally stopped hurling but eating it has no effect on his hunger even if the fields or full, watered, and wavy.

Back