Map Scripting

Thanks for your opinion Okapidragon.  :)
Torches are a very nice idea fact is I would like them very much (especially at night) but he
might not like his creature being constrained by my self styled paths, however if I figure out
how to add them I'll add some...
The evil fighting creature is a very nice idea, but then again HE doesn't plan to fight the opposing creature....
I think Food and Heal miracle dispensers would be very nice....
As you said before make sure that the citadel is already built and I HAVE looked for the related line in the following line of code:
REM Total People 55(34980)
**** Player[0] ****
REM Citadel with 0 worship sites and 0 creature pens
REM Towns: 1
**** Player[1] ****
**** Player[2] ****
**** Player[3] ****
**** Player[4] ****
**** Player[5] ****
**** Player[6] ****
**** Player[7] ****
But to no avail....
Am I searching in the wrong place?
I recently figured out how to change the enemies creature via this:                                           
0 Ape
through
16 Gorilla
and since I'm most likely going to continue altering maps what are the "numbers" for the croc & chicken?
Oh, and I really don't mean to be rude but It's just a creature centered map not a creature alignment changer 
but I like the idea. :D
And I'm working on trying to understand the "coordinates" or "numbers" around the say,
create Norse storage pit, and behind that are some very at least to me confusing numbers.  :help
"AppleApe"

Do you have  a mapping list if you do print it out or have it open in  a window.
Open an existing  skirmish map and try to read it using the  Guide for reference.
Hopefully it  should be a lot clearer.
Change 1 thing at a time  test and then if you get a problem you know where it is.
The numbers are just  a grid reference the easy  way to  get to grips with them is simply  take  a screenshot of  your  maps temple add "say 10" to one of the numbers and  see  how much it moves.
Just a quick break down of this probably the most complex line...........CREATE_ABODE(4, "2401.22,2097.71", "AFRICAN_ABODE_STORAGE_PIT", 3598, 1000, 500, 500)
CREATE_ABODE...Player number (who it belongs to) , "Grid ref1 , Grid ref2", "AFRICAN_ABODE_STORAGE_PIT", Rotation(the  direction the building faces)  , Building  size, Food and  wood  inside
From memory the  Crock and  KFC are only  available  if  you  Play and map for CI.

For starters I can't say I know what a mapping list is.  :p
Do you mean something like these?               
--------------->  http://www.bwfiles.com/files/index.php?action=search;q=mapping+list <-------------
Everything else I will try very soon (like now).  :)
And I am not concerned about about the maps with the Chicken or Crocodile on them only being able to be
played through CI for I have the platinum pack.  :grin2

OOPS....... Here is a link for ths mapping list  it contains 99.9% of the commands available.
http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=218

Gremxula said:
One of us should start a new thread to have this petty squabble in, it may amuse the  other  people  here and boost ratings.

Don't you dare. I have to deal with squabbling children all day long and if I have to deal with it here too, the results will not be pretty. I'll tell you what I tell the other kids. If he's bothering you, walk away and ignore him. Find something else to play with. >:| Don't make me  break out the time-out chair.

Hm. A second ago, your reputation was freaking out, Aurora... "Aurora is a force to reckon with?" :suspect

EDIT: Also, thanks for locating the resource list, Grem, and also, no, I specifically am SICK of arguing with people. If I wanted to argue with someone over practically nothing, I'd get a job. [/my new sitcom catchphrase]

Okapidragon.... Water under the bridge, Hatchet buried, peace pipe smoked.
AppleApe... How is it going ? Expect it to be hard at first but editing  existing simple maps is the way to go

:angry I can not stand when this happens I was just posting a reply when it logged me out.
Now to try and remember what I wrote...
I have been editing skirmish map one and have changed the Indian village center to a Tibetan one, added
a village store, and even two people, except there are always Vagrant Starts, and I have
to relocate them in game.
Other than that very fun.
Oh I also added two miracle dispensers (Holy Flies and Winged Creatures).
:)   

From memory Vagrants  have nowhere to live.
So if you change an  existing TC to a new player then all existing villagers will not be allowed  in their  old housing.
It is always best to add things to a working map....Then you can see exactly  what went wrong.
If you edit a village centre( TC)  not only do you edit  the look  but  a host of different  things . Like your villagers who no longer  belong to  that village.

Ok I'll re-duplicate skirmish map one and ADD to it not CHAGE it...
I was wondering about using this:
http://www.bwfiles.com/files/index.php?action=file&id=215
It says I can create my own maps...
But I was wondering about compatibility?
Anyway I have an idea for a from scratch map.  :chef

Very recently (like a few hours ago) I downloaded Kayss Training Map and the landscape, as you may know, is Land 1....
I immediately duplicated it and began making changes...
The Norse village is now an Egyptian one, the Aztec one is a Japanese, and I am working on moving the Greek village
over the mountain plus making the Tibetan village a Celtic one...
I have failed at creating an opposing citadel and the mapping list gives a very poor explanation on creating one.:no Bump
Would things be easier if I used this:
http://www.bwfiles.com/files/index.php?action=file&id=215      (its the BW map express editor)
I was wondering about your opinion? 
"AppleApe"

Hi, if you can get the Express Map Editor to work, it's a nice tool to use. It has the scripting list built in as well as a couple of viewers which make a few of the functions easier to use.

Take a look at a two player map to see how the citadel and other player is written in.

Thanks!  :)
I actually did look at one of the pre-installed skirmish maps except I looked at the skirmish map 3 gods.
Oh and by the way nice map!  :)  :yourock:

I used to use both the express and  worldmod  editors but  niether  will run on my fairly modern PC Vista64.
You may have more success running these under WINE but  I doubt it.
I think you best bet  is to find  a junk yard PC and use that rather than your Mac for  getting  all the old B&W stuff to work, just about anything that still works
would do......the specs are so low it is almost anything 10y old or less CPU 350mhz, RAM 64m , Graphics 8mb etc..

There may be an easier solution:
The newest mac operating System, Snow Leopard, (I have Tiger) has a new program called Boot Camp.
The function of this is when it is running you can insert your favorite PC operating system disc then Wa-La!!
(after some time of uploading) you have an extra PC on your mac!
http://www.apple.com/macosx/compatibility/        (just click Windows on Mac, to watch video on the right)
As for coding, I'll have to keep using Text Edit.
And does it make it any difference if my computer meets those requirements?   

Ah, yes. I forgot about boot camp. Dual-booting: Mac is finally figuring it out.

I use express map editor and it is very nice, but sometimes it fills in the slots wrong and you have to do a basic error-check, and the coordinate-finders aren't very good; I suggest using Surveyor and just pasting the coords into the script. Also, I recall all my BW-related stuff working under WINE when I was using Debian and PCLinux, so it ought to work at some level on a Mac.

If you want more information on the setup I use, ask. I'm just listing it off here, not really describing in-depth how I utilize each piece of software and error-check. :D

I have not heard of any thing other than Windows Mac & Linux and only have experience with PC
and Mac. Maybe you could explain more about this Debian & Wine?
And are you saying that you have made some B&W scripting tools?  ???
If you do I'll be willing to try them.  :)
I have noticed that there is no "coordinates" in the script (made by the B&W Express Editor) of Kay's Training Grounds which made it very hard to move things.  :laugh2

If you get Express working then try Worldmod a 2d view  but it is point and clidk to place  stuff. Works best with the original landscapes but you can mostly use it with user maps as well.

Ok I'll be sure to give it a try...
If the Worldmod is anything like the Star Wars game creator then it's super easy going!  :)
http://starwarsgamecreator.cartoonnetwork.com/

Back