lost cd key :(

wolfspawn

i had to uninstall bw2 a few mins ago and when i went to go install the game i couldnt find the manual anywhere the bw2 related manual i could find was for botg plz  :help  :help  :help

I don't know if it helps that you can 'borrow' another persons serial number (CD-key), and I have BOTG. Are you sure that you have looked everywhere? Try to look again, sometimes it helps. :) But if it doesn't show up I think you can 'borrow' mine!

when they burn CDs/DVDs the key-code will not on all type.

think they change the codes in the software on the Cd/DVD after a time, so one key-code will not work for all.

found this out long ago when i had to buy another game that broken Cd, that was bunt on a new Cd the older key-code no longer work.

so sharing codes is will not 100% and its not cool anyways.

i paid like USD-12.00 B&W2 and BOTGS was like USD-8.00 as will

Well you actually CAN use the same serial two times. I've done that with B&W2 several times, when I've uninstalled and installed again.

Just to be clear here: no one here on this forum WILL, SHALL or SHOULD give you their CD key or direct you to a site which would. Why? It's illegal, and the site staff would be held responsible. Personally I'm not interested in having a criminal record.

What you can do, however, is contact Lionhead tech support, photograph your game disk so the writing around the hole in the middle is readible and send the pictures to them. They should supply you with a new serial.

Redhead Goddess said:
Just to be clear here: no one here on this forum WILL, SHALL or SHOULD give you their CD key or direct you to a site which would.

I was just trying to help. And I'm not saying that I'm handing out serial numbers to everyone, but I was just offering my help to him because I know how annoying it can be to lose a serial number. I'm not out for doing anything criminal record at all, Redhead. Sorry.

is ok i  :fixed it by system restoring so i just need to repair and get the patches again

The proper procedure to retrieve a lost CD key is to contact EA Games. With some form of proof and a fee of $10 they will email you a new key. It's all detailed on their web site somewhere.

Is there not a way to recover the Key for B&W2 I seem to remember it was held in the system registry for B&W1.
I am terrible for loosing manuals and stuff so the first thing I do with a new game is write the "key code " on the disk with a permanent marker felt tip pen.

You can find the CD key for both games and expansion packs if you search the registry for "Electronic Arts". You'll also find the keys for any other EA games you've got installed.

And its free  :D
But this is only available if you reinstall without  using a Registry cleaner.

Maybe so for BW1 but not BW2. They delete the key now if you decide to uninstall.

Doing a system restore to a time before the uninstall should re-enable the key so you can retrieve it.

Back