Loosing save ability - all advise and patches followed

AlexD333

Evening guys and gals, so recently decided to fire up and install black and white 2 from cd, having been a long term fan  of this since release and completed it and botg  numerous times over the years, initially it would not load at all, followed advise eventually leading me to the three patches Inc fan patch, tried various compatibility but read a post on here that says comparability in Windows 7 is not required with fan patch installed, so removed all that, to note we have continued with our old game as I copied the save (when running compatability).

Game works great, however any random amount of time in the game, go to menu, load option has disappeared and any attempt to save immediately crashes, backing out and returning to the game also causes a crash, even ignoring and continuing without attempting to save or check will eventually result in a crash.

So currently running patch 1 2 And fan patch
Windows 7
No compatibility mode
Running a previously copied save file from when we were using compatibility (many saves ago, same account)
No graphics issues
No sound issues
Besides this all is great, moving into the next land seems to delay the crash, perhaps less data?

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Should we start a fresh game? Or a script issue?

Cheers

Alex

Handsome Matt's advise to a previous question.

did you use any of my fan patches I've provided?

also the game will "lose" your save files the more you mess around with comparability mode and run as admin mode, they generally change the directories - you shouldn't need to mess with that stuff anyway.

I have followed this but curious as our saved file we copied had this applied. Perhaps the issue?

Back