Locking up prob

Calypso

Hello all, new guy on block here  :cool: lol

I just put B&W1 back on my PC and I had a few probs, But after reading the form I got it fixed, But now the game is locking up, more like the screen is. I can still hear the game running,people talking, tiger pooing and so on. At first I was thinking lag spike but after 5 mins is was still locked up. I hope someone can help me

I'm on a
AMD 3200
512 DDR RAM
G-Force Fx 5200

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Welcome to Kayssplace.
Operating system might help? :D
But until then try going to start >> run >> type in dxdiag>> turn AGP texture accelerating off, remember to turn it on again for faster games tho!! Your pc should run BW1 smoothly so It cant be lag, and its probably a Graphics problem, I had problems with the exact same card until I tried that, also install all the patches for the game as Win XP has some issues as the game was released before it was.

lol doh I left out the OS,sorry WinXP. I had all ready done what you said with the " start >> run >> type in dxdiag>> turn AGP texture accelerating off" and I have all the patchs too. I had this game on this PC before and it never locked up, just looked really odd lol.

Hi, have you tried running in compatability mode with Wn98?

Also maybe try an older set of video drivers.

I think I tryed compatability with Win98 not 100% sure on that, but I will try it. As for older drivers, that can be a pain after a few now if I did not have to restart my PC when I put in older drivers/new one, it would not be that bad. Maybe Reinstaill the game would help.

Try reinstalling the game. It might help.

Do back it up properly first before doing so.

When changing drivers it's best to uninstall the old ones first and a reboot is absolutely necessary.

i don't really need to back up my files lol, i'm still on island 1 lol but thank you for the help and info kayssplace  :cool:

Back