Landscape editor problem

jumbo297

When i try to load the landscape editor i get all the toolbars and things but i just see black in the place where you are supposed to see the actual map.

I can load and save maps, i think i could even edit the maps but i can't see what i'm doing :help

I think it's 'Radeon X300 SE 126mb'

But it worked properly before i reinstalled the game[br][br]Added: [time]1202809693[/time]When i say "it" i mean the landscape editor worked properly

Here's a screenshot, i can use all of the buttons and menus, it isn't going slow but all i see is black

That is wierd. ???

Try re-installing the modding tools. Maybe the re-install deleted a necessary file.

No, that didn't work, same thing happened again.
Would having the 'turtle mod for B&W2' affect it?

I don't think so.  But try rerunning the unstuffer. It will delete that mod though.

The thing is that the landscape editor isn't loading the  landscape for some reason. Something appears to be missing.

The thing is, when i start up the editor or load a landscape, it all seems like it is working but just not showing it. For example:
1)  When you load a landscape, the loading bar goes as normal and then says done.
2)  The co-ordinates in the bottom right corner change when i move the mouse.
3)  If i add a building or something (without being able to see) and then close the editor, it asks if i want to save changes?!?[br][br]Added: [time]1202925769[/time]re-unstuffing it didn't work :no but at the end I think it said that two files could not be written (i only got a quick glimpse)

Does the executable in the file do anything??

Does BW2 itself work properly?  I can only guess that it might be a DirectX problem, or a driver problem.  It shouldn't even open if it's not unstuffed (I think o_o), so... Try, if possible, updating your video card drivers and DirectX to whatever the latest you can use is.

Yeh, B&W2 works perfectly[br][br]Added: [time]1202931579[/time]Tried reinstalling BW2 but it still doesn't work
it must be something other than the BW2 installation

I fixed it :happytears:

I downloaded an obscure update for my graphics card

Thx everyone +Rep for all :woot
:fixed

Back