Land 4 Help

xKatz

In Land 4, I cannot get my creature to raise the other totem to get the Creed. I tried training him by having him raise the other totem and he does it just fine. When he did raise it I stroked him +10/20% to reinforce it. I tried having him raise the other one; however, he just simply won't raise it and either poops on it or smashes it. It's really frustrating :steaming.

I remember having trouble with this part of the game. In my case, it was because I wasn't using the learning leash (yeah, dumb of me). If you can get him to start raising one of the totems (which it sounds like you were able to do?) grab the other one and raise it so that they're both up at the same time. If he's not raising it at all, show him how to do it a few more times with the learning leash on. Good luck!

My solution  for this  bit....
Optinal....Take the tiny village  on the  cliff add a building or 2 this will get your influence over the totems quickly.
Or expand the Jap village.
So you have at last one totem in your influence ring the other can be just outside.
Feed and rest your creature.
Now use the rope leash to  leash him to  one of the totems.
Raise  both totems in turn, after several repeats your creature  will at least hold up his totem  while you raise the other.
Job done.....Sounds like it takes a while but it can be the quickest option on a speed through :D

Thanks for advice. But now I have a bigger problem, my creature somehow is stuck in between the temple and village stores and is for some reason casting fireballs and lightning at the temple. I try using the leash but he won't seem to budge a bit. Any tips?

When a creature is stuck, he tries to destroy one or more of the obstacles in his way.  As the temple is one of those obstacles....well, you get the picture.

You could try placing a teleport under him to see if he'll use it, but I somehow doubt it.  If you can safely destroy the village stores, I'd do that and hope he gets out.  Outherwise, I'd suggest loading to an earlier save file.

Yep, that's what I'd do ^

Or you could also wait until he collapses from hunger, he'll reappear in his pen after that.

Well thanks for the pointer but he managed to get out somehow by walking towards the pen. I also converted the village behind the mountain. But I still need to get my creature to raise the totem  :(

Is there a way to modify the Land 4 script file so I can raise the totem on my own or is that not a good idea?

You could try doing it all yourself if you manage to get your influence over both of totems.

Raise the first totem and immediately pause the game.

Then get the mouse over the next totem and raise that.  Pause again.

Go back to the first totem (which should have only dropped a bit) and raise that again.  Keep going back and forth and with any luck you'll be quick enough to have both totems raised up at the same time.

Can be a tricky thing to do though.

fenton_pat said:
You could try doing it all yourself if you manage to get your influence over both of totems.

Raise the first totem and immediately pause the game.

Then get the mouse over the next totem and raise that.  Pause again.

Go back to the first totem (which should have only dropped a bit) and raise that again.  Keep going back and forth and with any luck you'll be quick enough to have both totems raised up at the same time.

Can be a tricky thing to do though.

Except the game won't let me raise the second one... Is that normal?

It's been a good few years, but I thought you could interact with both. I even recall that I managed to pull off the trick once myself.

I suppose as the intention of the game is to get your creature to raise one, then it makes sense that the game isn't keen on you lifting the totem meant for the creature.

Have you attached him with the leash of learning to the totem itself and started lowering/raising the other one? When your creature sees that, he normally raises the other totem.

I'm quite proud of the fact that there are no double entendres in that (well, none that I see anyways). The amount of opportunities to joke about a creature playing with his totem pole were numerous :laugh2.

Dang! I couldn't help myself it seems :rolleyes.

You can interact with both, but one of them has glitched for me in the past. Also, in my experience, it is not possible to do yourself. Like Grem said, expanding your Japanese village or having your creature convert the tiny village and then expanding it are the quickest ways; But if neither you or your creature can raise one of the totems, you are pretty much screwed. :(  You might need to load an earlier save file. The good news is that even though your villages and so forth will go back to the save, you'll still have the same creature with everything it's learned since then.

The simplest stage of creature  reaction is to  copy  your action  and hold up  1 of the totems......
It really is that easy .... about 5m max if you get the  right conditions.

Yeah, if he knows how to raise the village center totem, he can raise the ones in Land 4. You just have to keep trying. Raise the first one yourself and hold it there with him watching you. He should get the idea... I really don't know why you would be having this problem.

If he as learned  to raise the village totem  it can be a disaster for most inn later parts of the  game.

Gremxula said:
If he as learned   to raise the village totem  it can be a disaster for most inn later parts of the   game.

He does know how to raise totems however he has never done it on his own.

Only after getting my influence expanded around both totems was I able to (with the help of my creature) raise them.  It might take a while, but try adding buildings to that little town on the cliffside.

Good luck!

Back