Land 3, Wood miracle dispenser.

Gary

Hi all,

I hope I am in the right place.

At the beginning of land 3, B&W 1, I searched out the wood dispenser at the bottom of the waterfall. When I had found it the other God was in the process of destroying it. Once destroyed some of my little chaps rallied round to rebuild it. Once it had been rebuilt there has been no one shot miracles dispensed.

Can anyone spread any light on the subject please.

ATB Gary.

That one should work normaly.

Sometimes after a miracle dispenser is damaged and rebuilt, for some reason it won't work. I don't know if it's a bug in the game or that the villagers don't quite finish rebuilding it. Maybe try placing a bit of wood next to it and giving it some more time.

if it blows, the miracle goes...
which means once its been destroyed once it aint coming back.

Im not sure if this is a glitch or a pointless feature but have u noticed when u manually build a dispensor from your workshop it doesnt have a miracle to generate nor will it ever? same happens to the ones on the land already if they are damaged a little they might still work but if you have to totally rebuild from the brink of destruction i guess the object kinda resets which sucks i know :(

Not a bug just the way the game is.
There are 2 types of miricle seed dispencer. the first is the "given type" these are the ready made or reward dispencers that charge up and give miricle seeds.
The "built type" can only convert miricles cast on it.
A damaged "given type"  is in effect converted to a "built type" when it is repaired.
You don't need the dispencer though at the start of the level plant some trees in the waters edge water once and you will get plenty of trees for wood.

Thanks for clarifying that Grem. :)

I've always wondered why the buggers wouldn't work after they've been damaged. ???

No probs, just shows how deep the game  goes. 
Just like planting a few trees in the right place before you need wood works wonders. :yes

:sorry Hi folks, I am so sorry for such a late reply. After Kays suggestion of supplying the dispenser with wood I immediately went to the game to try it. (No, it didn't work). Thanks for the suggestion Kays.

Slasher- Thanks for your input. I built a dispenser in a skirmish once and waited for something to happen- nothing did of course. It wasn't until a wile later I read that you can save miracles on them.

Gremxula- I really appreciate the trees near water tip. I am just on my way to give it a go before my wife returns from shopping.

Thank you all very much for your time, and I hope you had a Godly Christmas and will have a devilish new year.

ATB Gary.

Hi everyone.

THIS IS AN UPDATE.

When I resumed the game I cast some water miracles onto the miracle dispenser. To my suprise after about three or four, the dispenser started to dispence wood miracles as it should.

Perhaps this will help others in the future.

ATB Gary.

Sorry to dig this up after a long time but you know bored on a Sunday aftrenoon.
OK heres what I did......
For known conditions I used Kays training map.
Entered the map and dropped the smallest rock from the row on the teleport dispencer  nearest the temple.
I provided the wood to speed things up a bit, after rebuilding.  F1 reported it as the normal seed /bubble maker and after 20-30 castings it didn't revert. The ones I've rebuilt in game acted the same.
IF you have 15m spare try for your self and post your results, I would love to know the correct answer.

Hi, Gremxula.

Sorry for such a delay, but my memory is pretty shot.

In Kays Training map I dropped said rock onto the wood dispenser by the workshop, then added some wood. When it was rebuilt it almost immediately started to dispence wood miracles.

ATB, Gary.

This is realy interesting.....perhapse some others could try the experiment it would be interesting  :)

Gary said:
In Kays Training map I dropped said rock onto the wood dispenser by the workshop, then added some wood. When it was rebuilt it almost immediately started to dispence wood miracles.

I finally got a chance to try it and I came up with the same as Gremxula did.

I thought that in the past if that dispenser got damaged it just wouldn't dispense any more.

Seems like Gary has a bug in his installed game then because I just had a coulpe of days ago saw it hapen again on a friends PC and he just got B&W1 and his repaired dispencer did the same.

had the exact same problem in land 3... However i was able to get the dispenser working correctly again. It was burning from repeated lightning strikes and about to go down 100% and become the shadow, which can still be rebuilt but will not produce any miracles, it is essentially like being turned back into a scaffold... I had the tiniest speck of stone left on it when i finally put the fire out with miracle water, and i got some builders on it ASAP. once rebuilt it took a while but it -did- start giving miracle wood again.

So heres the rub, i think the trick is to keep some of the structure intact, and not let it be totally destroyed. once it has been reverted back to a shadow/scaffold, then it is as though you built it from scratch yourself, but if you can preserve any scrap of the original structure, then the original properties of that structure remain even after a repair.

Hi guys

I've just recently started playing again while i'm not studying, and noticed I am having a similar problem with this miracle dispencer..

When the land begins and the temple is being built I notice that the miracle dispencer always gets destroyed while the building takes place ( and the vortex stays open for a little while until the building is complete.

I presume the problem is that the artefacts are striking the temple while they are flying out of the vortex and the dispencer (being the only building within my influence) is getting whacked.

Does anyone know of a solution to prevent the dispencer getting knocked down or protect the temple (i.e. would shields block the items flying out of the vortex that is underneath the temple).

Cheers guys, happy gaming

sjwatsi

Sjwatsi said:
Does anyone know of a solution to prevent the dispencer getting knocked down or protect the temple (i.e. would shields block the items flying out of the vortex that is underneath the temple).

A physical shield cast on the dispenser should protect it. The shield may not last too long, though, so you might have to cast a few more until the vortex closes.

Remember that things exit the vortex in the same order that they entered, so on land 2 the first thing to throw in the vortex will be some physical shield miracle bubbles. Then throw in a few hundred thousand grain, then artefacts and whatever else. (People last! You don't want artefacts crushing them. Or maybe you do...)

On land 3, the exiting grain will give you a few moments to grab a miracle bubble and cast a physical shield on the dispenser.

Disciple_Scientist said:
A physical shield cast on the dispenser should protect it. The shield may not last too long, though, so you might have to cast a few more until the vortex closes.

Thanks.
I tested that to see how it works and it does! yeah!!

So i'll use that idea next time.

sjwatsi

I have a great idea! I think it will work.

Do this:
Go to BW1 Directory usually found at C:/Progam Files/Lionhead Studio Ltd or LTD/Black & White.
Then to to /Scripts/Land3.txt

Open it and find the Miracle dispenser txt, that is CREATE_SPELL_DISPENSER
You'll find a "PLAYER_ONE" Or a "CELTIC_DISPENSER" (I don't remember correctly) if it is the first one, change it to "NEUTRAL" and if it's the second one, i don't think it will work but change it to "JAPANESE_DISPENSER".

I'm very sure that you'll have to change just the first one.

What this will change is that de Dispenser will not be considerated yours anymore, so that when something hit your temple, i'll not be destroyed.

Nice huh?  :upside

Nice.
But it is a cheat.
Simpler is just ignore the dispenser  and plant a few trees as above.  The village has no relevance to the game after you have the Jap village anyway if you don't need their miracles.

Wait wait, that's all wrong  :p

It's nothing about "PLAYER_ONE" it's about the vilagge number.
When you see a CREATE_TOWN(1, ..........)
The number there, is the village number, the number of your village in land tree and all the others is 0.

Make sure you change the number of the CREATE_SPELL_DISPENSER(0, ........)
to CREATE_SPELL_DISPENSER(1, ........), so it'll not get smashed in the beggin.

NOTE: This is a cheat, you don't need to change that, but if you do, make a BACKUP of the SCRIPTS directory so of you screw your game, the BACKUP is there.

Back