Land 2 Non-Edited Skirmish

Undead Deity

Can somebody make a Land 2 Skirmish map please? But I mean like, the landscape isn't edited, and I want to be in Lethys' territory please???

I'll upload the .txt file some time soon.  :)
In the mean time you may like Minas's map:
http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=948            (It's Land Two!)  :woot

Yes, thanks anyway. I took that map link you gave, I messed around with the scripting and now I'm in Lethys' place and he's in mine :D Thanks ;)

I really like Land 2. It is probably the best premade landscape to play on, even if Land T (the God's Playground) is more artsy and has more interesting textures.

I would have offered to make one, but it seems the problem has already been solved.  :laugh2

Okapidragon said:
I really like Land 2. It is probably the best premade landscape to play on, even if Land T (the God's Playground) is more artsy and has more interesting textures.

I would have offered to make one, but it seems the problem has already been solved.  :laugh2
Land 2 is also a favorite of mine. It's like a gods playground itself. A playground of torture, death, harassment, terrorism. I LOVE terrorizing villages with fireballs and lightning and then watching them attempt to put out the fires. No one can stop me on that map, I'm too powerful. Sorry... I'm a little evil :L  :devil

Hey, no problem. I destroy all things in my path and then let my creature come behind and clean up the mess and nurse the few survivors back to health. We have this whole "Good cop, Bad cop" thing going on.

I am totally  :angel (alignment).
With a little a enemy creature torturing mixed in.  :laugh2
Glad to help!  :D

I too love Land 2, and Land 3 once Mr. Annoying leaves. On Land 2 I always end up torturing the village with the Shaman who keeps everyone young and that tiny village across from the Beach Temple who are plagued by wolves. Oh! And Kazar's first village :laugh2 I love throwing hot rocks at them and then listening to their screams :cool:

Just a note...  Khazar appears to be the only one who starts with a workshop on Minas's map, and it may in fact be the only one in the game apart from one that you might build with the scaffolds.  It became really apparent to me when I tried to edit the map .txt so that I could switch places with Lethys and enjoy a snowy reign...

Well, if you've edited it to switch places, add a workshop or move the scaffolds. It isn't too hard.

Snow = Best way to run a Communist Dictatorship. Do it.

Went to grocery store of the last week. Was snowink hard. I needed some of the eggs, I am thinkink, but could be wrong, da? Anyway I got the eggs then phone rings. So I answer it, is grandmuvver Slayovich, she is trapped in snow bank, and cannot get up!! So I go and rescue her, but is beink dead already. I go home, and KGB arrest me for owning phone. Such is life in Soviet Moscow.

The snowy land is my favorite. Every time I play the 2nd Land I am always jealous of Lethys. I was always longing to throw fireballs at Khazars village. I am however going to have to edit it a little bit, Lethys and the normal place do not have a workshop. I will add one in to each of them. Then I will destroy them.

Does anybody hate how when you've taken the whole land you HAVE to leave the game?

Undead Deity said:
Does anybody hate how when you've taken the whole land you HAVE to leave the game?

Totally.
I like to enjoy my victory. Sometimes I like to hang around the land, not just leave. 
You know what's really coincidental?  ???
I was going to start a new topic about it.  :laugh2
No really.

AppleApe said:
Totally.
I like to enjoy my victory. Sometimes I like to hang around the land, not just leave. 
You know what's really coincidental?  ???
I was going to start a new topic about it.  :laugh2
No really.
:p Well, I really wish Lionhead could update BnW 1... But they don't have rights anymore.  :(

There was some map, I don't know what it was called, but I think it was a map by Kratzean (Patrick Selter) that said, "once you destroy the enemy god you can build freely".
So, I think there is a way to make it to where the screen "Congratulations you've one the game!" doesn't come up.
I know that it only appears if you have, One:
Destroyed all temples except yours on the map.
Two:
The temples must be occupied by a god or the "Congratulations you've one the game!" screen won't come up.
The reason I know this is because on Kilroys Training Ground's (the mac converted version by Lord Spathorp)
there is a line of code preventing the enemy god from showing up, but not his temple.
I have destroyed that unowned temple many times (via MB Extreme :devil) and the "Congratulations you've one the game!" screen doesn't show up.
So, there must be a way.
I could start a new topic for it?  :)
Heh.  Or you could!  :laugh2

I will figure this out today and post in the next three days. Nothing better to do.  :p

UPDATE: ...

IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!!!

You CAN do this, but there's no point. The only way is to have EVERY enemy set to 0, and if you do that, the only challenge is with their creature. If you don't give them a temple, they don't exist. If they have a temple but are set to 0, they don't go toward beating the map if you "defeat" them, so the game doesn't end.

To double-check, I made one temple that had an enemy that worked, and another with an enemy turned off, and destroyed the occupied one. The game ended. Destroying the other first did nothing. Setting them both to 0 made neither end the game, but the enemy wasn't doing anything, in which case it would be better to just not have an enemy.

The one possible application of doing this, though, is having enemy Creatures that have allegiance to a particular set of towns, so you can fight the creature, but that of course doesn't really compare, since you also have a creature.

One way that one might make this work is to make two enemies turned on, and have one that is the actual enemy, and another that is turned on but far off the actual land. This has one drawback; You can't do it with a land that isn't very small. If coordinates are outside of the standard coords (1000-4000, I think), the game crashes when you load the map, but you need the opponent far enough off the island to prevent them from interfering with you (and preferably to stay out of your way). One might try that, but I'm done.

When the opposing god is turned to 0 does he just float there or does he do something?
If he does anything, and, if his goal isn't to toast all the other gods, then, with the conditions around him right, he could act/seem to be your ally!  :woot
Of course, that's all with the possiblity that he moves and does a thing or two.  :laugh2

He doesn't even appear.

If you kill Lethys before he has a chance to surrender, or if you kill Khazar before Nemesis can (I'm an evil kind of guy lmao), they'll just hang in the air. But the enemy eye is never materialized if the enemy god is set to 0. And you don't have the weird influence-sharing script like you have with Khazar, either.

What about setting a god to two or three?
Or would that make it crash?

Not an option.

You see, the particular command uses what is known as a Boolean integer. A Boolean integer is always true or false, which can be expressed by y/n, t/f, or any set of two characters, but it is usually the universally-understood and syntactically simple binary 1/0, and any other value is invalid/registers as a 1 if the language allows for it. So the ONLY values are on and off.

Darn. Beat me to the punch, Okapi!  Yep, it can only be 1 or 0.  1= on and 0=off.  I learned that from playing with .ini files from other games...  but yeah, Okapi explained that pretty well.......

Back