Land 1 hang up

AppleApe

Well, I just installed B&W on my Mac laptop running 10.6.
And after I got out of the temple, the good conscience said "I am just dying to know what this sign post says!", then nothing else happens. 
The villagers move, it's in cut-scene mode, and he continually points at the sign post.
I tried a restart, force quit, and it does the same thing every time. :cry
The only modding I did was to change the temple, and add two maps and a landscape.
I don't get it.  Anyone had same prob or know a fix? ???

The only thing I can think of is un & re-install  the Vanilla game. Patch and try again.

My guess would be the Temple is causing the problem.  Skirmish maps and landscapes are not  used until required.

I don't know  but I you may be the only Mac and B&W1 user on this forum.

I don't believe I have ever had to patch B&W.
I don't think it was the temple because I changed out the .16bs to the original .16bs, and it did the same thing.
I re-installed and it worked.  But, I don't think it was the game either, it was probably the control scheme, I had changed to work better with my one-button track pad and maybe it was trying to tell me to use a button that did not exist, thus hanging it up.  Anyway, it works now!  :laugh2   

Indeed after beardy says 'I'm dying to know what these sign posts are' - player interaction is required, (action button!).

If you are on a macbook (with one-button trackpad?) - try to do the 'right-click' - two fingers on the pad, one finger tap.
Good you got it working non-the less, and figured out what was wrong. :)

Back