Is it possible to change how the miracles work?

Aquaticus

The miracle I have in mind is mostly the storm miracle. I've always felt there was something off with the first level of it...

Not sure if you can change anything about the actual miracle itself, but perhaps others know better.

What exactly did you have in mind for the Storm miracle - baring in mind that the first level Storm miracle is moreso used to intimidate villagers as opposed to doing damage?

I mostly want to make it last longer, so that I can have it raining forever! Mwahaha! *Has no idea how that's much of an EVIL plot, but hey, at least it's a plot!*

You mean, kinda like the shields or the forest? As long as you have a stream of belief, it never dies?

I begin to wonder if he is secretly feeling irritated at me for referencing him so often, but I believe Kratzean mucked with the miracles in his mod, so you might ask him.

I don't quite understand. You want to increase the duration, but only want to mod the seed? Isn't the seed just a sprite in a bubble?

I might start mucking with the CHL myself, when I get back on my computer tomorrow (I have some B&W backlog going back two months now  :p ), and see what I can do, but I'm not sure exactly what you even want. ???

Basically, I want it to last longer, unrelated to worshippers or prayer power stored.

This could be a bit tricky I believe.  If you have the miracle at your worship site and the miracle is one which requires a stream of power, e.g. Miracle Shield, then it doesn't matter whether you use a bubble or not, it will still drain power from your worship site.

If you don't have the miracle at your worship site, then the bubble has some defined amount of power to use up (I don't know where that comes from).

I remember this from my experiences on Land 4.

To be fair, I'm not sure if this applies for all miracles.

If you manage to mod this, you may want to keep that in mind.

Then it's likely a matter of finding which file has the number or level of power used, or whatever it is that controls how fast it USES that power, and changing it... And of course getting whatever's needed to change it if need be...

By all means, it should be possible to increase the apportioned value to drain from and lower the value consumed every term (I'm not sure the rate at which that energy would be consumed, but I mean to decrease that), but that would merely make it last a long time, not forever, and I would not be willing to change the engine itself so it can actually last forever. Aside from which, that would mean you could never get rid of it. I suppose an alternative would be to give it a small icon, like a shield or a forest miracle, so you can dispel it later.

The other thing to consider about the storm miracle is that I believe it does tend to drift like normal clouds also.

So if it lasts longer, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll stay in the one place.  Tis been a while though, so I'm not 100% sure on that.

I know the first two levels of the storm miracle do drift, but
I don't think the storm miracle extreme does.
I found this out in a version of Kilroy's Training grounds.
I had activated a Storm Miracle Extreme on God 1's temple when I noticed that the storm didn't move an inch away from the temple, it just fizzled out.
I probably will try it again on an enemy's temple.     

They all move, in the direction of aftertouch. If you manage to stop your hand in time, they will not move. Although you could probably, if you were mucking about with the miracles, make it not move at all, as well. And that is not the same as normal clouds in the game: Some clouds always drift by at the top of the atmosphere, slowly in one direction, and storm clouds are set on a specific map in the script (a skill I have recently mastered). They are good in skirmish maps for setting a gloomy atmosphere, or of course for snow.  :D

I am finally using the game again, so I might convince myself to look into this soon.

Back