Import BotG stuff in BW2

Albalrogue

Right, first off I'm don't know anything about modding what so ever. Even though it should be easy.

I was wondering if it was possible to import buildings, miracles and other stuff that were new in BotG into BW2. I don't particularly like the maps in BotG and would rather play BW2. But unfortunatly there aren't all the cool stuff that I liked so much in the add-on...

Could someone tell me if this is possible? And if so, make the mod for me? And if you don't then could you at least show me a link to a tutorial on modding? :angel

Thanks

I'm not a modder myself, but it's not as straightforward as you'd think to bring all the BotG stuff into the main B&W2.

If it was at all possible, it would actually be a very big mod.

I'm sure some people have been able to bring some of the models back in, but even that would have issues, e.g. if you brought one of the new buildings back into the main game, you could have it but it wouldn't do anything as the animations would've been hard coded into the BotG game.

I recall someone managed to bring the Turtle back into the main game, but at the expense of replacing the Cow.  I can't remember either if that meant you had a Mooing Turtle for a creature though :laugh2 .

Perhaps one of the modders here though can give you a better answer than I can though.

Okay thanks.

Well if there are stuff that must be replaced then all the useless stuff that aren't used much can go.  :)

I got a idea how to add the stuff from BOTG to BW2 but it will be a hell of mico mangement and messing with scripts i can't find as a txt file.

Surely it would be easier to import B&W2 lands into BOTG.
The reason I say this is because...
You need both games anyway.
BOTG contains all the B&W2 features so would be 100% compatable with minimal problems.
Taking  BOTG stuff to B&W2 would require the import of the new game engine to use the new features assuming Lionhead did not  stiff us all and deliberatly cut the new features in BOTG from the original game,  and used the same game engine.

Makes sense.  However there may be an issue with importing certain B&W2 models that aren't used in BOTG, e.g the village leaders,

you are right in it would be easier but then you can't use BOTG features in the map editor.
As the ghost ship and stuff.  :suspect

I don't  think they would have gone to  the trouble  of removing  features from BOTG.
The missing commands for the ghost ship could probably be added manually as you had to do in B&W1 for  CI and undocumented features, in the editors of the day.
I did take a look at editing B&W2/BOTG several years ago and from memory the ghost ship was just another static  object to place. You should be able to spot it in the  bonus lands . bwe.
I can only guess ATM as I have  a fresh install of Vista and no games installed yet.

Back