If you started a new game what creature would you pick? plz post

Most likely Ape or Tiger but I do like the Lion :), it would be a hard choice though =\. Ah well :).

i hate my creature with a passion. i tie him up near an enemy settlement and let die whenevr the game starts.
seriously, i dont see why everyone loves creatures so much!

It's all down to what you expect of him.

If you think he's a game character that should just do as he's told, you'll rightly hate his guts :angry .

However, if you treat him like a real life pet, you'll find the experience much more rewarding.
  • They screw up like real pets, but somehow you just can't stay mad at that face :blush .
  • Some take longer to train than others, but it becomes an endearing quality rather than an annoying bug.
  • Even when you think you have him trained properly, he'll go and do something that makes you scream "DOH!"
  • It feels so much more rewarding if he does something you taught him rather than just something he was "programmed" to do, e.g. I train my creatures to start off impressing a town by casting flock of birds and then move onto telling stoies, and healing them.  It feels like such an accomplishment when I leave him go to a village on his own and he can convert it without any interference from me.

I'm sure there's plenty of other reasons, but that's just off the top of my head.

They can still be a pain in the ass to train, but the fact that you must train them to make them any bit useful makes it all the more special when you get there.

I was like you when I first started playing Black & White. I pretty much ignored the creature as I didn't know what to do with him.  The instructions were pretty vague.  Then I saw him doing and learning things on his own and I got interested.  With trial & error (and a few online tips :;): ), I got better at training him and it made the game all the better too.

It's kinda like managing a hairy sim that can do magic.  Never got too hooked on that game though.  Sims never had the same kinda charm as my Ape Lenny.  That and they couldn't torch things with fireballs from their hands when they got mad :laugh2 .

BTW:  I've always picked the Polar Bear or Ape.  I picked the Cow once, but didn't stick with it for too long.

well... BW1 was better in terms of the creature because he was more lovable. the creature has emotions ad you have to train him for ages.

then we had BW2.

the creature was no longer a creature - it was a computer. it did exactly what you wanted as soon as you stroked him. he would never mess up and had a little speech bubble over his head so you could force him to think about something.

in my last post i was talking about BW2, not BW1.

come to think about it, i havent tried BW1 in a looooong while, so if youll excuse me ill just get the duster..... :)

i have tried all the creatures except the wolf but every time i start a new game i go for the wolfbut then choose the cow. he is a fat, cuddley, cute cow.

The cow. He plays with people alot, and eats grain....alot

anglosaxon said:
well... BW1 was better in terms of the creature because he was more lovable. the creature has emotions ad you have to train him for ages.

then we had BW2.

the creature was no longer a creature - it was a computer. it did exactly what you wanted as soon as you stroked him. he would never mess up and had a little speech bubble over his head so you could force him to think about something.

in my last post i was talking about BW2, not BW1.

come to think about it, i havent tried BW1 in a looooong while, so if youll excuse me ill just get the duster..... :)

Ah, now your comments make alot more sense :yes .

I gotta agree with you about the B&W2 creatures.  They just didn't have any soul :( .

BW2's creature were a paper, where you could write things on. He didn't have feelings, he was like a stone, just that text popped up from him sometimes.
Long since i took the wolf... I think im gonna start a new game right now. Othervise i like the turtle, Ooh! Lion with wings!  :angel

Evil Ape all the way, the thing fights like nuts ! jumps on creatures and ****** them up !

Any of the  Robots is fine with me.
I liked the Tiger most in B&W1 but in 2  it just dosn't seem to matter much.
The cosmetics for the Cow and  ape are annoying but it doesn't seem to affect game play in any meaningful way.

Grem, you gotta love my BnW1 tiger creation ! http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=398

ReS!s7eNSs-a(was my old screen name)

Back