Ideas for BNW3

DPsoul

Anybody have some intersting ideas for a BNW3? (If BNW3 will ever really be made)\

EX:
Diff types of units
Diff races (such as Mayan)
Diff miracles etc.

YES I KNOW THAT THERE ARE ALREADY SOME IDEAS ON THIS SITE BUT POST THEM HERE :rolleyes

What would you think of BNW2 multiplayer?

Since we don't have a BW3 forum (yet), let's try to keep any conversation on BW3 in the BW2 forum. :)

Moving this topic there.

DPsoul said:
Anybody have some intersting ideas for a BNW3? (If BNW3 will ever really be made)\

What would you think of BNW2 multiplayer?

there is already a thread about this. maybe you havent seen it.
but i dont know how theyre getting on.

New races. A middle-eastern race would do well. In addition, we should bring back all old races (with the exception of native americans, who weren't developed enough to have any of the buildings that would be in BW3)
Bring back creature AI. New creatures with learnable miracles.
New buildings, platoon types and miracles. A platoon of magicians that could harness the power of miracles, but with a minor mana cost at the altar.

make it so that it is based in the years 1000 - 1500AD, and it gets harder to impress your people as they rely more on technology.

and give the game a campaign map.

anglosaxon said:
there is already a thread about this. maybe you havent seen it.
but i dont know how theyre getting on.

Lolz i know that there is already thread about this. I just thought i'd create my own thread
Thats what i meant by the BIG GLOWING RED LETTERS. at the top.

But great idea Skelape
You to Anglosaxon

What about the Chinese? They might be similar to the Japanese, but they were technologically quite advanced. Especially in the art of warfare.

I do like the idea of mounted units. Of various types.

A platoon of magicians that could harness the power of miracles, but with a minor mana cost at the altar.

Yes gotta have some magic, it can't be a God game without it.

it gets harder to impress your people as they rely more on technology.

I think that is the big question. As the humanity merges out of the dark ages and become more aware, how will you impress them?
From what I understand the creature will lessen in size and importance. The only thing you have is magic, but will it be enough?

DPsoul said:
Lolz i know that there is already thread about this. I just thought i'd create my own thread
Thats what i meant by the BIG GLOWING RED LETTERS. at the top.

But great idea Skelape
You to Anglosaxon

whoops sorry i didnt make myself clear enough

i meant that there was already a multiplayer thread on the site.

this is a good thread though, as all the other bw3 threads are specific (e.g. new races)
so well done.

There should be ladders and siege towers to make sieges better. The part when you destroy enemy buildings with troops should be improved... With them throwing torches at the building. :yourock:

Also the fact BW2, that your melee troops can't go on the top of the enemy's walls and kill the archers mounted there is annoying.

too right jumdin. and, like medieval total war  :p you should be able to capture gates for your own use.

An "attack move option" (hitting a certain keyboard button while selecting "Move") would be nice too.. So you won't have a hard selecting your troops to keep attacking enemies.. (The ones attacking your troops while they move, they don't fight back)

anglosaxon said:
whoops sorry i didnt make myself clear enough

i meant that there was already a multiplayer thread on the site.

this is a good thread though, as all the other bw3 threads are specific (e.g. new races)
so well done.

O, ok
i didnt understand what you meant i guess.
But thanks.

Keep those ideas comin!!! :yourock:

I want a self aware creature.

Not like Skynet, which is on the internets, just one that's limited to the game.

Ryudo2053 said:
I like to think of BW3 as a BW2 + BW1 + Some new things :)

Ya mean like, the creatures, races, miracles, and Temple from BW1, but the graphics, buildings, and wonders from BW2, as well as some new races, creatures, miracles, and buildings?
Sick.
Or do you mean a BW1 remake. Hey, that would be a good idea for a mod.

i finished BW1 when i was young but it was scary.... it was too vague. the storyline gave me the creeps. what IS the "three creeds" that they keep mentioning?

but BW2 is too easy and friendly. so Ryudo is right.

i'd like bw3 to be more of a challenge like bw1. in bw2 i found it too easy to win

I only found the last land in BW2 the most decent one. At least there was actually some challenge (the first time) but it also gets easy. WHY IS EVERYTHING SO EASY?!? ......Go BOTG!

BOTG is what the actual game should have been like. BOTG is alot more of a challenge then BW2.
I think when they were discussing BW2 they were discussing how to make it very easy.

Back