I tweeted lionhead on twitter about Black & White 3.

GlassOnion

This is the response:Not for the moment, we're very busy with the other two games in development.  My face =  :(

This could mean that they are having thoughts about it. But don't get you're hopes up though.

Well if they weren't having thoughts or thought that making another black and white game would be useless, then they would have sayed that they will not make another black and white 3 clearly.

Albalrogue said:
Well if they weren't having thoughts or thought that making another black and white game would be useless, then they would have sayed that they will not make another black and white 3 clearly.
Yes but is anyone forgetting that they said that last time? They said they'll probably work on it after Fable II. The next thing we hear is that they're working on Fable III.

I dare say we shouldn't fall into the B&W fan habits of old and assume that anything is certain.

All I read for that is that they're saying "Never say never".

As of right now, a new game looks unlikely, but if they said they'd never do another B&W game and another one does eventually materialise, you can pretty much bet that some idiot B&W fan would give out to LH saying that they'd never do another game (and in the process confirming his/her idiocy as they're now getting a new B&W game and complaining about it in the same breath).

To read any more into it would serve no real good in my opinion.

Pat pretty much sums it up. But that is not what caught my attention; They've been saying stuff like that ever since BW2. I've given up hope on an official BW3, though OGaM is looking like it will eventually shape up to live up to its ambitions.

My question, however, is, will Milo be any good? (I'm definitely going to enjoy Fable 3, but Milo is tentative.)

Milo is  also abandoned ...... A quick look at the Lionhead site gives Milo the same status  as B&W1 & 2

:\ If that is the case... What is the second project they are busy with?

EDIT: Also, I'm never putting any faith whatsoever in Molyneaux ever again. Hope, maybe. Expectation, no. Valve, on the other hand, seems to be a safe bet. :woot

Gremxula said:
A quick look at the Lionhead site

Hold on, I'm having a panic attack - whenever I go to the lionhead.com/forums website, all I get is a redirect to the Fable III site on XBox.com  :cry It does the same for just lionhead.com as well?!? Is it just me or is anyone else getting this??

EDIT:: hold on, when I google lionhead.com, all the links it comes up with lead straight on the XBox site, however, one of them reads:
Critical Error: DataProviderSpecific Error Message: Unable to open connection to data provider. Login failed for user '[jibberish]'. Please contact your site administrator. ...
www.lionhead.com/

Maybe just a technical explosion?  :shocked

No problem here.

And, yeah, looks like they've already pretty much laid Milo down to rest.

Which reminds me... WHAT HAPPENED TO B.C.?!? :shocked

They brought that pony out to pasture sometime early on during B&W2's development I think.

Beyond a few screenies, we never saw more of that game.  That's been dead for quite a good few years now.

Really? I only heard about it six months ago, thought it was new.  :laugh2  But I never visit the official website. Most of what I know I know because Molyneaux and Lionhead are the second-highest-rated StumbleUpon subtopics in video games after Valve, so I stumble on them a lot.

Lionhead  do abandon  games quite regularly.
BC
Milo
B&W
and probably more if you dug around  a bit.

I know no ones added on this in some time but I think the reason they say they are thinking of it is that leaves the door half open so they haven't said no and in the future if they want to they can make another one but as far as anyone knows there is no black and white 3 in development at the moment and no plans for another game to be made soon :( which makes us all sad.!

At this stage, the best you could hope for would be a remake of some sort rather than a direct sequel.

In all honesty, the biggest failing of the original game for me was that it was waaay too short.  I was just getting into the story by Land 4 and suddenly you're on the last land!

These days, there are a few examples of remakes done decent.  All that said however, I don't see Lionhead putting in the time/effort into doing anything like that.  And as they own the rights, I don't see anyone else doing it either :( .

fenton_pat said:
At this stage, the best you could hope for would be a remake of some sort rather than a direct sequel.

In all honesty, the biggest failing of the original game for me was that it was waaay too short.  I was just getting into the story by Land 4 and suddenly you're on the last land!

These days, there are a few examples of remakes done decent.  All that said however, I don't see Lionhead putting in the time/effort into doing anything like that.  And as they own the rights, I don't see anyone else doing it either :( .

I thought EA has the rights to it given they published it? If is it would make it even more unlikely then its already unlikelyness

Hotec said:
I thought EA has the rights to it given they published it? If is it would make it even more unlikely then its already unlikelyness

That sounds likely :suspect :rolleyes :p !

I think they could at least remake B&W 1 with HD graphics, they (meaning the peoples that make video games) do that with old video games, so why not with B&W 1!? :woot

Back