I have stumbled upon a crazily destructive (but amusing) bug!

rudiedudie

So I've been lurking here for awhile, primarily to help me in my quest to get the game working properly on Windows 7. I managed that, and I've been happily reliving my B&W memories for the past few days. That is, until a few minutes ago.

When leaving the second land through the second portal, I decided to take with me literally every villager under my influence. The idea being that this would give me a massive workforce with which to start building a new village (obviously I had also sent through large amounts of wood/food). A bit of a stupid idea for a number of reasons, but I didn't forsee the TOTAL ARMAGEDDON it would cause.

The sheer number of villagers emerging from the portal caused my fairly high end PC to begin running extremely slow. To avoid the game crashing I decided to abandon my non-violent ethos and opt for some emergency fire-based population control. I raised the totem, the aim being to firebomb most of them as they made their way to the temple.  However thanks to the bug I'll tell you about in a second, this resulted in my entire fledgling village being destroyed, making any further progress in the game impossible.

The bug: for some reason the game seems to have rendered all my villagers immortal. So by setting them on fire I created hundreds of infinitely screaming fireballs. Many of them ran toward the temple, causing it to destroy most of my village. The rest of the villagers burned down all greenery anywhere near nearby on the map and destroyed my town centre.

All that is left is my crooked temple, the portal (which won't close no matter how long you wait) and hundreds of villagers on fire.

Irritatingly screenshots wont work (or if they are working, I can't find them), but I took photos with my phone during the carnage. If you want any more detailed photos just ask and I'll reload the save.

Da0nv81.jpg

lMhlTuX.jpg

7U9L4yz.jpg

Hahaha, that's brilliant! What a crazy glitch, I can't say I've ever seen anything like it. It's a shame you couldn't find out whether they could breed and produce immortal children, because they'd definitely be an advantage in later lands. I wonder if the same thing would happen again if you tried it!

(Just out of curiosity, how did you get BW working correctly on Windows 7? I'm also having a few problems with it!)

rudiedudie said:
I created hundreds of infinitely screaming fireballs. Many of them ran toward the temple, causing it to destroy most of my village. The rest of the villagers burned down all greenery anywhere near nearby on the map and destroyed my town centre.

All that is left is my crooked temple, the portal (which won't close no matter how long you wait) and hundreds of villagers on fire.

Back in the day, you'd have been the envy of every Evil god on the forums for creating the closest thing to hell on Eden :shocked !

LOL why am I enjoying this?!  :happytears:

For some reason, I always find it amusing to torture the villagers.

Back