How to modify spells?

demondrake12

I want to modify certain attributes of the spells in game. Like how impressive they are, or wether they count as good or evil. It looks like the info.dat file has what I need, but I can't figure out how to read it. When I open it in a text editor it looks encrypted. I thought it might be excel but that isn't working either. I can't even tell if this file has the values I need!

And while we're at it, how do I modify base creature attributes, like how smart they are? None of the trainers I've found work.

The info.dat file is a binary file, which means you cannot read it the same way as a text file. The content is zeros and ones, and opening it in a text editor will make it look like gibberish.
You need a hex editor to edit that type of file, like HxD for example.

Once you open the file in the hex editor, you'll see the content in hexadecimal format, which is equivalent to binary, just a tiny bit more readable.

You then need to figure out how the information is encoded in that file, that might take some research or reverse engineering to figure out how to edit the stats/attributes you are looking to change.

Back