How to make mountains (alot of pictures)

Tivuer

I was messing around with epics, and i found this;
  If you use the volcanoe epic then the earthquake epic on top, after the earthquake heals up you will have permanant mountain.
thumb_B%26W%20Screen%200020.png

thumb_B%26W%20Screen%200021.png

thumb_B%26W%20Screen%200016.png

thumb_B%26W%20Screen%200017.png

thumb_B%26W%20Screen%200015.png

thumb_B%26W%20Screen%200019.png

thumb_B%26W%20Screen%200018.png

If you then save and quit the game then start it up again they will be covered in the normal landscape and not the scarred landscape.

Cool. :D

It's too bad that you can't reuse the landscape some how.

well if the AI was good, which its not :angry, then we could use it stop enemys from going on certain paths, we could bottleneck their advance and...,  oh nevermind, asking for good Ai sems to be too much now.

that's awesome. I gotta try that!
It's gotta be hard to get an earthquake on top of a volcano, though... you have to charge 'em both  :upside

Nice find Tivuer.... But you cant really blame the AI. :p

One of the main problems with Black & white one was the increasing Saving/Loading time as you progressed through a level. That was because the game took account for every little change made since the start of the level and stored them in a file.

Im sure the same happens with BW2 (maybe at lower scale), but if they were to account for every change in the lands physical form that would take up far too much system resources,  and annoy the mass majority of gamers (Especially those barely running the game on Min-Specs).

Nauge your right, its just i was in a mood at the time :laugh:

anyway, it work the other way around too

Sorry for double posting, but...
some guy on the lionhead boards just found out if you put two volcanoes on top of each other you get a perfect mountain.
mine were strange, the bottom of the mountain looked odd.

Ooooooooooooook.
But this isn't as good as i first thought, armies and creatures can walk up and down these mountains with no problem at all. So all they're good for now is making nice scenery.
  :cry

Wow, thats pretty clever.

Im going to have to give that a go.

Tried it last night, but with a twist - in open water!  After the Volcano cooled down, it all turn a uniform snow colour.  When I shut down the game and reloaded, it has no colour at all.  It was just black.  It looks like it needs to take it's colouring cue from the original land around it.  AS it was in open water, I guess htat must have screwed things up a little :p .

seen as your using miricals to do this the land would go back to how it was wouldnt it??? like a mountain on flat land would go back to flat land after a while?

Usually yes, but if you do two on top of each other BEFORE the first returns to normal, the 2nd thinks the normal ground level is the height of the first one, If that made much sense much to you.

Back