How could that effect the citadel!?!

AppleApe

I've been creating an all night/mostly night map (Land Two based)
and have run into a rather ridiculous problem.  Bump
After adding a village store to the first village (I made it a Tibetan one) I started the skirmish map, everything should work right, right?  ???
No, some how that make's the temple go away and it brings up the screen "Sorry you've lost the game!".
So, if somebody could help me understand why adding a village store would remove the temple,
it would be VERY much appreciated!  :D  :laugh2 

Did you create a citadel for yourself?

No, but, it was there already and assigned to player one.
This is the line of code for the village store:
CREATE_ABODE(0, "2233.44,3400.20", "TIBETAN_ABODE_STORAGE_PIT", 1000, 1000, 0)
and the citadel:
CREATE_CITADEL("3361.26,3241.85", 0, "PLAYER_ONE", 4254, 1000)

I occasionally have village centers disappear. I'm not sure what causes this, but try moving the coords of each object a bit or rewrite the lines--Whatever the error is, one of these actions usually fixes it.

AApe the best thing you can  do is really examine the  code for your  Temple any tiny error will give  an instant loose message.
I know you are at a real disadvantage here because you have no automatic  syntax checker as there are none about for  the Apple as in Worldmod or  BWexpress.
Perhapse you have someone or could ask to run your listing through on  a PC to spot that  small mistake.  A missing " *( or spelling mistake is all it takes.

Well, I already tried to put both the B&W Map Express Editor and the World mode on a PC running XP,
the only problem was it need's a B&W directory.  :(  And I only have the Mac version of the game. 
I, also, copied the village store code right from my B&W mapping list, but, with different coordinates to fit land two. 

Perhaps the village store is to close, causing the temple to get out of it's way?

I am sure that I used the village center coordinates and took away about ten.
The reason I'm sure is because one is 3361.26,3241.85 and the other is 2233.44,3400.20.

Huh?

Also, those coords look mighty far apart. You didn't accidentally change the temple's coords and make it in the water, did you? Because that could be an issue. I'm not sure if it will work on a Mac, but if I'm having trouble visualizing the land I use BWSurveyor for emergency coords.

If you can use BWSurveyor, I suggest drawing a rough map of the landscape (or if you make your own with lndromat, save the .raw file as a .bmp or .jpg as well (since most image editors don't crap themselves with that format), and mark the image file with the coords for greater precision) and making marks every 300 units or so on the map so you can figure the coords out yourself, without needing to go into Surveyor, and you can make marks where you've already made buildings so you don't get overlap.

Okapidragon said:

What I meant was I copied the village center coordinates and made them the village store ones, then took away ten so it wouldn't be right where the center is.  :laugh2  :suspect
Everything else I will try now....  :D 

Ah. I see.

Well, tell me how everything goes. Or you could spoiler a portion of the code, and I or another member could try troubleshooting.

Here's a screen shot for your co-ordinates. Best viewed 1680x1050
Also on the PC you don't need to have the game installed just the relevant files present.
aapel2.jpg

Well, seeing as what kind of computer you get is a choice, and PC's are cheaper... But I digress.

Is what I'm seeing that one of the coords is, indeed, off the map?

Gremxula said:
Also on the PC you don't need to have the game installed just the relevant files present.

What are the relevant files?  ???
Please tell me it's just the .txt.  :laugh2

.txt and .lnd are all you need. Put 'em on a flash drive or thumb drive, or attach them to an email and open them with the editors on the PC.

Ok, I don't have the particular .lnd and .txt yet, but I do have one .lnd and one .txt each and they are both counter parts.
So, when I start the world mod it brings up a window that says "Where is Black & White?" so I leave it as blank as I can, and it up a smaller window saying "Was not found, please verify that it is the right name for the file" or some thing like that.  Next I type in the name of the file I want (the .lnd) and either brings up the same thing or says "Black & White not found, Goodbye" then it brings up the map editor completely blank (with the exception of the buttons).
I went to (in the editor) File/load map then nothing happens :(.
So, uhh.....I basically can't make it go.  :laugh2

Update:
I :fixed the problem with something I should have thought of when I first had the problem.
I opened up Minas's original land two skirmish in my text editor and copied the citadel code,
then made it the citadel code in my land two, and it worked! :)
I would still like to figure out how to run the World Mod on the PC.  :laugh2     

Honestly, the cracked version of the .exe might be useful just for making Surveyor or Express think it is installed. Or, make a normal file, and name it runblack.exe so it appears to be the game. If you decide to go with the cracked version (which is actually the tougher option), be careful where you get it. Especially don't use a torrent. I believe, though, since this is a non-stealing-the-game use of it, it would be legitimate to use it with editors.

I just copied my B&W folder over to my laptop (which has no CD drive and thus cannot run the game) and it works fine, since the editors require no disc. So the very easiest solution, I think, would be to just copy runblack.exe out of your B&W folder and place it somewhere on the other computer.

Sorry Aape .....things to do but  all you need to do is copy of your  mac version of the  game to  a pc.
The file  structure and files are the same as far as I can tell from memory  of a friends Mac from  about 5y ago.
So just copy from your mac or do as Okapi says.
This should  enable  everything on the PC then patch to V1.2 use the Myth 1.2 no cd exe and you got a working  PC version.
Note this  will not work as typed as I am trying to stay legal.

Back