houses-good aligments

ConstantineXI

I like building houses but they always have negative hsppyness and have a negative building effect-how can i make it so its happyness and aligment is that of a manner house

If memory serves, small tiny hovels will always have negative attributes.  Medium size houses are OK and Manor Houses give a lot of happiness.

However, a big component of all this is where you place the house (whichever one you pick).  If you place the house beside an industrial building, that gives MORE negative happiness (who really wants to live next to a granary or smelter in all fairness?).  On the flip side, placing houses near buildings like temples and such increase the happiness of the house.

It works the other way also though, so if people are happy you built a lovely temple and then you cram a whole bunch of ugly small houses/hovels around it, then the temple might loose some happiness if I recall (it's been a while).  But it all balances out.  A quick win might be to place trees and ornaments around the ugly buildings and houses.  That should help decrease the negative effects.

Im no trying to win the game-just playing on a map to build a city :D is there a way to edit the game files to make houses give better aligment?

I see.  Problem is, those buildings were designed with a realistic outlook.

Say you live in a city - would you prefer a small, dinky apartment with crappy walls or a nice big manor?

Given that question, if you shove most of your population into a cramped tower, it's somewhat understandable that they think you're a little bit evil :D .

Never the less, I'm not 100% sure if it's possible to change the alignment on such buildings.  I recall reading other topics around here where people may have been trying to change this, but I can't remember how/if they were successful.

Sorry.

An alternative to modding is that you could try to balance out the negative effect of the towers by building nice areas with impressive buildings, e.g. temples, etc.  In addition, if you can fit some ornaments and trees around the towers, that would all help and make your city look nicer.

Back