Horse Skin: Continue or Not?

GallopRider

Ugh, this skin is slowly driving me insane!  I'm working on a new brown horse with lovely white patches on him.  However, it's so time-consuming and difficult to get the spots right (I put them in hard-to-perfect places on purpose) that I am just about ready to toss the entire thing.  I was wondering if the folks here would be interested in a spotted horse.  There's a screenshot of my very rough work-in-progress attached...

So what's your opinion: A. Keep going and finish this lovely but challenging skin
                or
B. quit this skin and do something else (like finishing that lab report on salmon)? 
Either way I'm  going to need a  :coffee or 2.

Off Topic:  Got BW2 yesterday.  Sister loves it, but I'm still learning how to juggle creature training and town building simultaneously.  The trainer download helps, though... *grins*

It's a beautiful skin so far.  If that is "very rough work-in-progress" I'm impressed :D

I think you should continue :yes

It's entirely up to you. If it's causing too much stress, you should quit. If you think you can do it, then by all means continue. Only you can decide. I certainly wouldn't want to keep doing something like this if it was making me go nuts.

Thanks Black Curtains.  Yes, that's very rough.  I didn't show the back, which is aweful lookin'.  But it's a funny kind of aweful.

Hey Sier!  I think I'm nuts in the first place :woot !  Of course I can finish this skin.  It isn't hard, but irritating to get the spots perfect.  I'm just wondering if folks would care for a new horse skin.  It would be part of my "Mares of Many Colours" Collection...  You know, all the realistic horsey coat patterns.

You should continue, It would be nice to have another skin maker.

You know what? Now that I think about it, I think used to a have a skin similar to this. It was black with brown spots. You could have used that, tweaked the colors, and all that. Too bad I have no idea where it is. :shocked

I think I'm gonna dig through my old computer's files. Its more like a "mining job" really... Search function doesn't even work. :rolleyes

This is a skin that might make me use the horse as creature!

Please, do finish! :D

=UPDATE=

Skin is practically finished.  Only a few very small touchups are left.  I'll post it in downloads sometimes in April.  (yeah, I'm a procrastinator  :laugh2 )

Back