Resource icon

Holy Land v 1.2 - The Community Map 1.0.0

Minas

Minas submitted a new resource:

Holy Land v 1.2 - The Community Map - Holy Land ------------- You have arrived the holy land. The land that call some gods Terra Sancta.

Holy Land
-------------

You have arrived the holy land. The land that call some gods Terra Sancta. Only Nemesis saw it. All nations are together, but anything is wrong - poverty!
Restore Peace or bring Destruction!

http://www.youtube.com/kayssplace

This is Version 1.2! If you find bugs or have wishes send me a mail to holyland@online.de and i will fix it.
In any new version i will name you in readme!

• [li]more trees [Spungie][/li]
    [li]a beach [Spungie][/li]
    [li]heale miracle in...

Read more about this resource...

Minas! You really do make the best maps! Cant wait to try it.

Thank you so much!

If you or the others have wishes, feedback or bugs... be friendly and send me a mail or write in this topic!
Maybe this map can be a "Community Map" if all send me your wishes ;)

I hope you enjoy the map.
Minas

This is the best third party map I've played! ++
It has one town of each race, placed thoughtfully around a varied landscape. The weather is very active and this keeps things interesting. The storms get pretty intense and can do some damage. This is an easy map but there are some small threats to your followers adding direction to an otherwise sandbox style map. Blah, blah, blah, just download this map! Its too well pollished to become clutter.

Minas, my request would be for you to add all the tree types.
Lastly, I notice theres no beaches in just about any map with a custom.lnd file. Is there a reason for this?

Thank you for this very good review!

No there is no reason against a beach. In next update i will add more different trees and a beach, if this are okay for the others ?

More feedback please  :yes

I really love the landscape and the lake with fish right next to the temple. Loving all the animals, and hooray for rocks! :laugh2

While I appreciate the weather system, within 10 minutes of my game lightning set the forest across from the temple on fire and took a lot of trees out despite the rain. Also, it took me a couple nights to figure out my population was dwindling because of the wolves! LOL

As someone said already, even with those obstacles it's still an awesome map and these things just make it more of a challenge and keep you on your toes. The only thing I would change is adding the heal miracle to the starting village (which I suppose I can add myself...).

Wonderful map! One of my favorites for sure :yes

Thank you!

The weather and the wolves are destined for the map, because playing is harder :D

Summury:

• more trees
  • a beach
  • heale miracle in norse town

update: I've receive a mail:

Please add in enemie to go against in your next version. Thank you very much

What do you think about an enemie in the next version?

I don't like the idea of an enemy... otherwise I would play a map with an enemy! Maybe you can do two versions? One with an enemy God and one that's just a sandbox?

I like it better without my creature being hassled by another creature or God... not that he can't take care of himself, but it's distracting.

There's my two cents on the topic :)

It took me a while to figure out why I was losing people, so when I found the wolves I fed them to my Lion.  :laugh2
Anyway, very nice map!  :yes  :D  It's fun to just sit back and build (except when you have a
creature that likes to kick things and set fire to your temple).:laugh2 
But, I think every village should start out with more people.  Maybe Leopards or Lions in the sandy part of the land.
Also, I think a herd of sheep would be nice near the fish - and maybe all the kinds of animals (not Lions, Leopards, Tigers or Wolves - more like Sheep, Pigs Cows, and Horses) would be nice near the Japanese village.

Minas said:
What do you think about an enemie in the next version?

Well, it would give you a reason to take the villages, but if you destroyed the god then you couldn't continue building.....
So, for that reason I don't think an enemy would be good.

Black Curtains said:
Maybe you can do two versions? One with an enemy God and one that's just a sandbox?

But, I agree with two versions idea!  :woot

I think the map is great

I've downloaded lots of ur stuff and love them.
Will u please make more maps? i love them

hehe thank you! I do what i can, to create more maps.

Okay then we are finished! Now i will create the next version with this features:
  • more trees [Spungie]
  • a beach [Spungie]
  • heale miracle in norse town [Black Curtains]
  • more animals (Sheep, Pigs Cows, and Horses) [AppleApe]
  • two versions with an enemy [Black Curtains]

"It's done, when it's done!"

One way to do an enemy, by the way, while retaining the ability to continue building, is to make two enemies and make one have very little influence and no towns or spells, and a temple and creature in a spot they can't move from (like an island), so that you can end the game at your leisure after defeating the main enemy. Just something I figured out the other day.  :)

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but from the screenies it looks pretty good... What landscape program is that? It looks kind of like SculptEd (if I'm remembering correctly which one that is), but I can't tell.

What I'm going to be doing the next time I'm home at my programming computer is streamlining my scripting procedures with some custom programs to turn out maps from a few variables and parameters, so I no longer have to do all the tedious work of making a map--So expect more content from me very soon, as well.  :;):

minus u now that map the end. Do u mind if u canmake a script after ur done with this one please?

Okapidragon said:
What landscape program is that? It looks kind of like SculptEd (if I'm remembering correctly which one that is), but I can't tell.

So expect more content from me very soon, as well.  :;):

Yes its SculptEd... i am happy to see more content from you!

I've recieved a mail:

Just One request for your future map

I love your well balanced a very well made maps. But the one thing that I would like to suggest is adding to the totems on your maps are the creature Isle Miracles of Anti-Miracle Miracle (Wich is the only way to protect your creatures from Deity and distant creature attacks) and speed Miracle (Which I believe would change the balance of the game since the creature version of this doesn't last long but the deity powered version of this last pretty long) just a thought take or leave it.

What do you think about?

It sounds like a decent idea to me, but of course I also don't have CI.  :(

I'm not really sure I even understand the suggestion. They want miracles from CI incorporated into the map for B&W?

I have CI but could never get into it. It always just makes me want to play the regular game :p

I want CI just so I can play through it and see what all the fuss is. But novels are more important to me than video games that are difficult to find. :\

Back