Help meh... Patch Problems!!!

Lollo

:cry
I'm running BNW 1 on Windows 7 (64-bit). Everything is working perfectly, even CacheCheats, except one thing...
I downloaded patch 1.1 from KayssPlace, and I tried to install it. About halfway, an error message says:

"Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since the contents do not match."
Then, afterwards:
"Black and White could not be patched at this location."

Please help!  :( :( :(

Where did you install the game? If you installed in in Program Files (x86), try reinstalling in into something like C:\Games and seeing if it will patch then.

However, this: "However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since the contents do not match." makes me think you may be using a crack to play the game, which isn't supported here.

something_or.other said:
Where did you install the game? If you installed in in Program Files (x86), try reinstalling in into something like C:\Games and seeing if it will patch then.

However, this: "However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since the contents do not match." makes me think you may be using a crack to play the game, which isn't supported here.

Well, I installed it in Program Files (x86), so I'll try what you said.
I know my game is 100% legal, my mom bought it at a local shop when I was still a baby, and I've kept that same copy ever since  :D.
So its DEFINITELY not a crack...

Once it's reinstalled in C:\Games, you could try running the patch as an administrator if it still doesn't work.

Right-click patch->Run as administrator.

If that also doesn't work, I suppose make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. After that I'm out of ideas.

Any luck? It's helpful to know if the suggestions fixed your issue. :)

something_or.other said:
Any luck? It's helpful to know if the suggestions fixed your issue. :)

Sadly, it didn't work. I even tried installing it into the Desktop, but no luck.
I'll look into that graphics driver, though.
I even tried installing the patch on my old Windows XP laptop, but it wouldn't work.
Thanks for your help, though!  :)

I tried to install the patch again, and it said the "old file" thing,
and after that it came up with this message:
"You do not have the correct version of Black and White installed to use this patch"

Please help!  :cry

Back