Help making tatoos

Hidraslick

Hello people long time no see, I wanted to make new tatoos for my creature using the images of Khazar, Nemesis, Lethys and some of the ones the player can use as their God image but I don't know how.
Someone can help me please?

Thanks

Okay, I've had 0 (AND I STRESS THIS, 0!) experience on designing tattoos, however, I have experience in using them and installing them.

First of all, if you want to use one in the downloads section here at Kayssplace, first install it and copy the tattoo you want into c:\program files\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black & White\profiles\yourname\ - where yourname is the name of the profile you created). Note you may have installed your game in a separate directory. Also be sure the tattoo is numbered between 1 to 16. If you no longer want it delete it.

^ If this is what you wanted, more can be found in the readme.

However, if you want to know about designing tattoos, I'm of no help, maybe there's some FAQs here on Kayssplace? Read the readme as it comes with some tips and things you need to know about creating tattoos.

Hope this helped.

My suggestion is to take an existing creature tattoo file, open it with Photoshop or Gimp or your preferred image editor, edit it, save it, and test it in-game. Oh, and don't forget to backup the old tattoo if you want to keep it and use it later.

Thanks for all boys, yes InspectorMonocle that was a huge help and GallopRider what i have are the images from game of the gods, now those are colored images, maybe it could work if I pass them to "Black and White" color scheme?
and even then after I do that how I transform them into a 64x64 images?

You should be working  with 64x64  bmp in the first place. Converting  will often give undesired results.

As GallopRider said editan existeig TAT and save as. MS Paint works well and is  installed on most  windows versions.
Mono Tats take about 5m to do.
Colour can take  hours as you need to make 3 layers .  Find the tutorial

Thanks Gremxula, no I only want to make them without colors, Can you give me any other advice on how to make the shapes?

Keep your design simple.  Bold lines work best and take time to think it out on paper first.
One of the funniest Tat's I can remember was just a simple text message using diferent sized fonts to make it fit  64x64.......................

I  Eat
POO

Hidraslick, you may also need to take into consideration that the tats will stretch and deform a bit on the creature's body, especially if it's a small and thin/weak creature.  Grem's advice of bold lines is a good one, since you will still be able to read the tat on your creature.

Talking about deformed tat's I seem to remember if you tattoo the creatures back the tat will be upside down :laugh2

Back