HALP! Profile and creature issues!

quillweave

Alright! So I finally beat Black and White, and now I'm ready to head to Creature Isle. But apparently I played it before on the same profile with an older creature - not the nicely trained creature I have now. I've tried restarting both games to get the creature in CI to 'reset' to my current one to no avail. How can I get my trained, newer creature to show up in CI?  :help

I would uninstall and reinstall Creature Isle. If the Creature Isle data and saves are gone, the game should load your new Creature.

Of course, make sure your original Black & White profile has a loaded save with the Creature you want on it.

That's the only idea I have.

Failing the above option, you could always swap out your CI creature files for the copies of the B&W files of the creature you want.

I discovered long ago that you could copy the B&W creature minds directly into the CI creatureminds folder with no ill effects.  the game just modifies the file from then on.  it's just doing the reverse that's impossible as the B&W engine won't recognise the extra stuff the CI engine has put in.

If the re-install option doesn't work, come back here and someone should be able to tell what to do to replace your CI creature files if I'm not back in the mean time.

Unfortunately reinstalling didn't work.  :no Seems like nothing changed except the skin I installed. Fenton,, could you tell me how to replace my creature's CI files? I hope things won't be different, since I'm playing the Platinum Pack on Mac.

Not sure how things work on the mac so things might be complicated in ways I don't know.

Also make sure you back up any files I instruct you to change just in case you need to reset things.

First make sure that the last profile you used in B&W was the one with the creature you want in CI.

Next you need to find the creatureMinds folder inside your B&W installation directory. In there, there are two files you need.

The first will be of the format C#######.erc. This represents your creature's mind. If you have multiple profiles, then you might have a few files like this.  If so, pick the one most recently updated.  The second file will be similar and have the same unique number on it and represents your creature's physique, i.e. scars, etc.  Copy these two files.

Next, go to your CI installation directory and find the creatureMinds folder there.  Find the most recent mind and physique files and replace them with the two you copied from B&W. The copied files have to have the same as the CI files you replaced.

Then start up CI again and see if that sorts things out.

Unfortunately I don't see any such files. :C Just 'CreatureImpressToWIn', 'KhazaarsCreature' and the like. Hm. It must be different on Mac. I also can't find any save profiles - I wonder where it saves everything?

I Googled around and tried to find you any sort of help - nothing, sorry.

You could search your computer for .erc files? If you can at least find where they are then you may be able to fix it.

I thought it might turn out to be a problem. Ah, well. Thanks for the help anyway.  :) I'll search around for ERC files as well, thanks!

No problem. If you find them, be sure to try and get it to work - and tell us here so we can help if needed.

Back