hair glitch?

Mercutio

i just recently downloaded B&W1 on my new computer (running windows 7) but i had this problem on my old computer as well (also windows 7). basically im having this graphical glitch where the hair on creatures goes all weird and its kind of hard to explain so ill just show these screen shots i took

iaza15745217136500.png

nothing too serious and i can deal with it, because i can just use a creature without hair or whiskers, but kind of annoying because i want a horse or a tiger or at least try one.

i have this issue on CI as well as the original game, and both my games are at patch 1.2

any suggestions would help, thanks! :D

Hmm, I've never encountered that issue before, and I have both BW1 and CI on my Windows7 system.  Are you running any mods, or altered any hair or creature-mesh files?  Is the game in a Compatability Mode or Running as Administrator?  32-bit or 64-bit OS?

I'm pretty sure one of the regulars around here might have an idea how to fix this glitch.

yes, the mods i have are village banter and "Custom B&W Help Texts Mod" by lordterrible, but i had this issue even without any add ons. i dont have any edited mesh or texture files, im not running in compatibility mode nor do i run as admin, and its 64 bit OS.

Easy to fix error, update your graphics card software! :D

Then, update your directX - even if it says you've got the latest, update it anyway, windows 7 can run direct x 11. - the game will use dx 9c still, but it will be updated non the less :)

Back