Grass

rangersteve

Elder
I have seen many screenshots with grass but I haven't seen any in the game.  By grass I mean individual blades prodruding from the ground.  Does anyone know what is up with that?

I think that might have to do with your video card not being able to display it.

What's your video card, a 5700?

You might be able to tweak the settings in the graphics.config file to get it to display grass.

I think that a 5500 should display grass.

First off, upgrade your drivers. This has been known to make a differeance.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.85.html

Driver Installation Hints

"Download Accelerator" utilities should be disabled when downloading any drivers.

Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.

Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove. 

Also reboot, let it find the default drivers before installing the new drivers and then reboot again.

The other option is to open up the Black & White2/Data/graphics.config file with notepad, make sure wordwrap is off, and then change the settings for your card.

Back