Graphic problem!!

maestru

Hi...Ive installed bw2 recently and the grafic is low.....but i cant see the fur\grass\water because the patches dsnt work. pls help me :help

What are your computer specs?

What is the name and number of your video card?( Nvidia, Ati? - 6600, 480DX?)
What is your operating system? (XP, vista, 7, MacOSx)

And what exactly about the patches isn't working? Don't they install, or, don't they show anything?

Tell us a bit more :) - Does the game itself run smoothly? Or does the mouse have issues moving around your screen.
When you zoom in and out, does it do so smoothly, or does it seem to hang.

Also it would be good if you said  ... Where you installed the game. On the newer (than the game) versions of Windows (Vista and W7) the default install will cause problems  for  lots of  games  not just B&W 1 or2.
To save you time waiting for  a reply then just uninstall the  game.
Then create a new folder called Games on any HD you want, for example C:\Games.
Install the game  again to C:\Games NOT C:\Program Files the rest can stay the same.
The game/s will now  patch, save and  allow edits for resolutions and graphic cards. The reason is you are now outside the protected Program Files folder. :D
Please respond as it helps us to help others if the  advice is right or wrong  for you.

Gremxula said:
To save you time waiting for  a reply then just uninstall the  game.
Then create a new folder called Games on any HD you want, for example C:\Games.
Install the game  again to C:\Games NOT C:\Program Files the rest can stay the same.
The game/s will now  patch, save and  allow edits for resolutions and graphic cards. The reason is you are now outside the protected Program Files folder. :D

I apologise for going against you, but, this is ill adviced.

Installing anything into the C:\ Drive directly, or in a 'new' folder, appart from those that windows created, is a bad thing. - This will cause 2 things. Fragmentation, and Slower OS.

Please install your games in the C:\Users\Public\Games  Folder instead.  Many new games already do this by default now on Windows 7. This increases compatibility, and memory usage. As Windows 7 has special permissions in that directory.

Video card Ati Radeon HD5500
Ive installed it on C:/Program Files
i have 5 gb ram.
Processor intel Core 2 Duo 3.0
If i try update it tells me "the game is corrupted please reinstal"

Ive installed on C:Users/Public/Games and gives me error on patch 1.1 sayds "Your Instalation of Bw Is corrupted and you need reinstall the game" :help Where i should install it now?
ive installed in D:/Games AND the patches worked......but still the same low quality if i try to get them higher dsnt work........ :sorry

http://www.bwfiles.com/boards/index.php?topic=5030.0

I believe your graphics card is not functioning enough to be able to display BW2 at higher graphics quality.

Sylcai said:
I apologise for going against you, but, this is ill adviced.

Installing anything into the C:\ Drive directly, or in a 'new' folder, appart from those that windows created, is a bad thing. - This will cause 2 things. Fragmentation, and Slower OS.

Please install your games in the C:\Users\Public\Games  Folder instead.  Many new games already do this by default now on Windows 7. This increases compatibility, and memory usage. As Windows 7 has special permissions in that directory.

Any data written to C: will be written to the first free space on that drive as far as I know. This is what causes fragmentation when you frequently delete and put  data on a drive.
This is true  whatever you  name folders. Files/folders have space allocated  as required. This was true years ago (pre XP I think) and  still is the way data is written today. But the days of manual defrag is long gone.
On Vista and W7 fragmentation is not a problem as the "background defrag" is always working by default.
The folder you recommend is on the C: drive so has the  same fragmentation problems, but it is the recommended "Failsafe" for multi account/user install.
I like most own my PC and  as a single  user account can place my games folder to suit myself mine is actually D:\Games and all recent installs of modern  games are quite happy to default to that location.
This leaves my C: more stable but most do not have multiple drives, but with the background defrag it will never be a problem.
If for any reason the automatic defrag is disabled just use the old method of never deleteing anything until your HD is 3/4 full then do a mass delete of old games and data, and do a manual defrag. This reduces fragmentation to almost zero.

Sylcai said:
http://www.bwfiles.com/boards/index.php?topic=5030.0

I believe your graphics card is not functioning enough to be able to display BW2 at higher graphics quality.

Dude u failed now :D HD 5500 is 1 year old graphic by AMD/ATI,im runnin BNW 2 on my laptop on High details with Quadro 140 m....

I never stated it wasn't functioning - it just wasn't functioning enough.

BW2 was unable to detect the card, and thus thought it sucked. - When adding the config. information - it will function as it should.

Though, admitted, I didn't read his PC specs, just his following post after that.

Back