Good Game, but what the hell was Peter Molyneux thinking?

Kays said:
You wait some five years for it and then complete it in the matter of a few evenings. :rolleyes

thats what happened to me. i was amazed by the openeing screen (to be honest, i'd never seen graphics that good in my entire life, since the video properties were maxed out and the screen was on 1440x900), but the actual game became boring quickly (in about a month i had explored every nook and cranny of the game). i suppose the mods are the only thing that kept the box from rotting in the corner with BW1.

Oh my, even though the game was rushed. Black & White will always be my favorite game of all time.

Kays said:
Yep. :)

You wait some five years for it and then complete it in the matter of a few evenings. :rolleyes
I just installed it 4 hours ago I'm on the last map ....

I wouldn't have minded to wait even 1 more year if I knew they would come up with something more .... complete.

Unfortunately I'll have to agree.  I finished the game after only a few hours of fooling around.  It would have been better if the game was actually completed before it was released to the public.  :rolleyes

Well I'm kinda glad I got Black&White instead of Black&White 2 now  :yes [ hey I only had 30Bucks on me so I had to pick graphics over gameplay]

Guys, guys! I finally figured out what Molyneaux was thinking--We can close this thread now!

Molyneaux was thinking:
"Since my first game was good, people will buy a sequel. That way, I will make money, even if it sucks, and by the time they catch on, I will be making a different series and empty promises about another sequel that many probably wouldn't buy because BW2 sucked so bad, anyway!"

Okapi, the accuracy of that is probably much higher than any of us would think.

After all, didn't he already have plans for Fable when they were working on BW2? It was only the funding of Micro$oft that got them to do it though. Though I suppose I shouldn't bash on Microsoft now, my brother has an internship with them this summer...

Alkatraz2212 said:
Though I suppose I shouldn't bash on Microsoft now, my brother has an internship with them this summer...

In Redmond? I have a friend who works for Microsoft in the IE department. Does your brother know what he will be working on? :)

But yeah, B&W was an amazing game. Shame it all went a bit downhill from there, but it created some great memories for all of us. Funny story, if I had never played B&W, I wouldn't have met my boyfriend (of 3 years now), who I moved across the country to live with.  :laugh:

Not sure if it's in the Redmond facility, but he's going to Seattle, so perhaps. He was told it's involving Graphics Development. I doubt he'll be seeing your friend.

Honestly, the best part of playing Black and White 1 and 2 is meeting all the wonderful people here on Kayssplace. So there's that to be thankful for.

I know my statement is accurate, Alkatraz. The cards told me. I got the Molyneaux of Swords, the Death card in conjunction with the Black and White 2 of Clubs, the Devil card in conjunction with the Emperor (which everybody knows is Gates), and the Ace of Clubs in conjunction with the Fable card. I think the message was pretty clear.

That was way too nerdish. Which makes me all the more ashamed I understood it :( .

Wish I'd thought of it though :p !

The thoughts of Molyneaux, or the Tarot reading? Because they are both very nerdish, though the Tarot reading in more of a Neil Gaiman's Cold Colours poem sort of way.

The latter. Not that I've read stuff like that to be honest (I'm not much of a book man in general), but my general knowledge about tarot cards and WoW ( it does sound a little like that too) were enough for me to understand :D .

Don't play WoW, but it is great that you understood. I've been thinking of making some new Tarok decks with special Tarots like this, for gaming, Discordia, and other such things, instead of the three traditional Waite (Golden Dawn), Oswald Wirth (Astron Argentum), and Marsailles decks. (My own deck that I drew by hand is a combination of the Waite and Oswald Wirth decks.)

Most books about Tarot reading are complete crap. This is because the original Marsailles cards, called Tarok and used in the game of Tarocchi, in which the Trumps were called the Tarot, were playing cards, not cards of divination, and the newer cards use a specific system created by their artists and respective groups (Crowley's "Thoth" deck also has its own rules, and is as classic as the Wirth and Waite decks, but not as widely recognized, largely because the pictures are very trippy and abstract), so that the Golden Dawn and Thelema each have a distinct system that is correct for their deck, and the system used by gypsies and half-baked mediums is like a watered-down version. However, with a basic occult knowledge, you can figure most of it out yourself, and the only catching point is what spread you use.

Also, I frown on people that use Reversals for any purpose other than determining what direction a person is facing.

Anyway, my skrying dish also revealed Molyneaux cackling and rubbing his hands together maniacally while pissing on a copy of Black and White 2.

Back