Resource icon

Godly Hands 1.0.0

Sylvan

Elder
Sylvan submitted a new resource:

Godly Hands - Godly hands, that have a more natural tint.

Godly hands, that have a more natural tint.

Neutral has a caucasian skin tint, with no embelishments.

Good has an asian skin tint, with several embelishments.

This other Good Hand might be a good alternative if you do not like the gold / yellow hand.

Evil is not implemented.

Read more about this resource...

Yay! Thanks for getting them up. An even bigger thanks for making them for me. These should last me forever. ///_^|||

Place the two .l3d files into

%dir\Data\CreatureMesh

Where %dir stands for the install directory of Black and White :)

Default this should be

C:\Program Files\Lionhead Studio Ltd\Black & White

Oh it goes in CreatureMesh! I am no expert on games and manual modifications, or skins, thanks.

Please explain why, I don't quite get it.

Why is this racist?

the trolls shall starve... for I am not one of them, but I shall explain anyway.

okay, I believe that person thought the way you used the words 'asian' and 'caucasian' was somehow discriminateing against people of that skin complexion... which you were not.

there, the trolls need to be fed no longer, and they can crawl into thier hole and die... a horrible death...

naw, just kidding, they need not die... unless they realy feel the need to...

They weren't, which is what makes the argument pointless.

There's a big difference between racism and acknowledging the existence of different races.

... anyway back to the topic!

Aaahh, well, sorry if it offended anybody,

If really needed, i'll ask kayss to edit the text, to 'yellow' and 'pink'... o_O;;

But, do you like the skins? ^^

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/index.php?action=file&id=1082
A change on the one I made, I think it looks quite nice.

Sylcai said:
But, do you like the skins? ^^

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/index.php?action=file&id=1082
A change on the one I made, I think it looks quite nice.

For some reason that seems more neutral-looking than "good" to me :( (edit: since there's two styles, I mean)

Since one side's darker and like, scarified, and the other side's lighter and plain.

But, yeah, they look good.

I agree, it lost it's  'goodness', but that doesn't remove the fact, that it's a good edit.

I thought that since Evil has all the darkness and the Redness and Good only gets a bit of colour and an increase in brightness it should receive a bit more of a change. More colour seemed to be a great idea. One side is darker due to a bit of a mess up when making the texture, plus I had not changed the brightness and I wanted to be able to see the Hand without it blinding me, now that I have the brightness settings down I was thinking of redoing it.

Sylcai, this one is good, well made I should say, but in my opinion it lacks the "Good" quality and has more of a "Neutral with a bit of decoration" quality, I still like it better than the default Good Hand though. I can kind of see where the "Neutral" quality that Jaden is referring to is coming from, and I must say that it could have been better, but it was pretty good for my first attempt at modding and to me it represents pure Good better than the other Good Hands.

Kee, you hit the point exactly! ^^

Neutral with just a hint of good, but, that is what sarophie wanted! :p

http://www.bwfiles.com/boards/index.php?topic=4517.0

And, making a good hand, takes a more personal flavour, as some people see contrast, and lightness, yet others find colour, and subtle differances more 'good'.

Good luck with your second atempt! :)

Perhaps they thought it was racist because it implies that only Asians are good? Bleh.  If that's the case, be careful with what ever color you make the "evil" hand.  :rolleyes

Anyway, I think the evil hand should look sort of grey, with some "skinless" chunks on the back of the hand. Think "zombie." If you cant make it, I will!

Back