Gate of Death

Magnus

Hey everyone, first post. I just thought I'd share a little tactic with you guys for archers. (Works best on island 3)

First, you'd better have walls up or you'll get stomped... Of course I bet you guys already knew that.  :)

The wall that has already been built for you is the perfect spot for this tactic. You of course need the ranged armory to perform this the best.

Okay, as soon as the Norse send a 3 groups of 15 to the outside of your gates put archers on the walls.

But, o dear! They are out of range of your archers!  :(

Not to worry, just open up your gate. Don't worry, only one group will rush it. Wait until they get within range of the archers then close the gate. Since nothing can enter or exit the gate while its opening/closing, they will stop. The archers will begin firing, and they will retreat. Rinse and repeat and one group will fall. You can easily rank up archers this way. A more advanced way is to put your creature right up against the gate. So when the enemy run up to it archers fire on them and your creature stomps them.  :devil

One more thing: I'm on land 5 and I want to know if anyone else has used any military on this land. I have yet to make a single unit. So I've been wondering if anyone else has or not.

That's an interesting tactic with shutting the the gates. Usually I'm not fast enough so I make sure they never get that far.

On land 3 (Norse) I took over the two settlements in the passes. On the one on the right I build a wall to block the pass. In the second one I laid the foundation of a wall along the length of the road and then deserted the village. It was retaken and the wall was built. A little later I was able to impress the population of that village who left it deserted. Then I placed a platoon of archers on the wall who did a great job of thinning the Norse troop as they went by.

On land 5 (2nd Japanese) it was essential to keep a platoon of archers on the wall to keep the attacks at bay. If I kept a platoon of infantry at the gates then I could  keep them open without fear of the attackers getting in. An infantry platoon also came in handy when I was running out of ore.

what i did on the 5th land, was do the 7 samurai quest and you have 7 really powerful samurais and they took on platoons 7x their size and lived and yea i put archers on the wall lots of em about 100 on on bit of the wall and 75 on the other and 80 behind the wall firing, no wonder nobody got through not even there creature ahahhahahaha.

I have double walls on almost every level where I go in and out of my cities frequently.
Both gates have archers on them, and you can trap enemies between the two gates.

One of the things I've found was that if you keep a large number of troops they will take a toll of your food stocks making your villagers work harder and lowering your impressiveness at the same time.

If you don't get aggressive, neither will the computer player (well so far at least). So if you can build squeeze points with walls it doesn't take too many archers to fend off the small attacks. And if the gates are closed then they'll just sit within the range of the archers and get decimated. Stupid computer AI.

If LHS improved this element of the game, then this part of it will be more challenging. Because if they know enough to stay out of the archer's range, then you'll have to go after them.

I've just basically leashed my creature outside my gate to fend off the japanese, and so far not a single problem.

on land 5 i killed all the platoones near the walls with my creature and cos ive got like thousends of ore and i have the siren wonder unlocked i built a wall just on my influence ringe then the siren next 2 the wall but inside it so i have bigger influnce ring and i kept on doing that till i was like next 2 there secound wall (cos i smashed down the first  :devil)and then i got more inpressive and they turend 2 migrents how cool is that and i turend out 2 be allmost completly good

i dunno bout u guys but i rarly get attacked no one even botheres and i havent had a creature attack my base yet like wdf? ???

Thats a nice trick, and for an archer player like myself it will be handy. But what do you mena level up? I am gonna get the agme soon I thought I was going to get it for my BDAy but it was AoE3. :D

with lvl up he means they get more experince, so they get stronger adn stuff like that :p
but land 5 was diffrent for me...  first I didnt have a wall and the soldiers attacked me and my creature killed them than I made a wall and they stayed outside while I was expanding my village (I'm good) and they than there came 1 catapults I destroyed it with a rock after that the creature cames 3 times but he just looked turned around and ran away :rolleyes  I just threw wind miracles to the platoons of soldier standing outside :p

Back