For The Tortoise Lovers

Sarophie

Hello peoples. I have been seeing the occasional thread focusing on a creature and thought I should start one myself. As the title suggests, this is for the tortoise and all the people that love him/her. I would like to kick things off by listing the main things this thread should be used for.

~Telling stories about your tortoise.
~Explaining why you think the tortoise is a total BA.
~Giving tips and help to other people.
~Asking questions pertaining to the tortoise.
~Posting general thoughts on the tortoise.
~Notice how many times I wrote tortoise.

Now that you have the idea of what will be going on here, I'll do the honers of telling the first story and what not.

Story (Well, Sorta...):

My tortoise, Oogway, is very kind and loving. He already glows with compassion. He makes it his life's mission to babysit each and every villager. He will occasionally pick up a villager and bring him home to cuddle with or just stand there and let the villager see the sights. He is very good about babysitting the villages for me. He will continuely go back and forth between my villages to check on their needs and to heal the injured. His free time is spent napping, eating, and watching the general day to day activity of the villages. He is incredibly smart. No, seriously, this guy makes the ape look stupid. He has learned 5 miracles already and is very good at putting them to use. Food and wood for the occasional desire flag, water for the fields and little trees, and a heal increase for when the football players get just a little too rough. He has aquired a very deep taste for lamb chops and enjoys them often yet manages to keep the flocks well populated. He is an amazing entertainer/impresser. He is a very good break dancer with some serious worm skills He even has moon walking skills so great that even Michael Jackson would be proud. But wait, that's not it. He is also very good at what I believe to be a waltz. After a days work, he likes to kick back at the temple and watch the doves fly around.

Why The Tortoise Is A BA:

Uh, cause he is just good like that. :yourock:

A Few Good Tips:

*Get the tortoise hooked on flocks of animals. He will always eat when he needs to yet will never deplete the flock.
*The tortoise is great for babysitting the village when trained properly.
*He is great for taking over villages in a matter of minutes.
*An evil tortoise just never has worked out as well as the good tortoise.

That should be it for me. I am eager to hear about your creature's exploits.

~Sarophie~
~Oogway~

my evil tortise is quite awesome, in both black and white 1 and two! :woot

good is overated! (although it does have some perks.)

hmmm... well, I've just gotta say that my tortise zypherax enjoys killing fishermen fore some reason... although he likes to eat breeders...

[writelettertocollum]

Dear Sarophie,

I read your article in BW and more Magazine, and was captured emediatly!

Fending for the vilagers! Eating when he has too, Do you have any training tips?

My creature always tends to end up skinny, and unhealthy. They just don't eat!

Unless I hand feed them, but, then it ends up that I can't hand him anything without him trieng to eat it!..
(he ate a scaffholding once)

Thankyou and much greetings

Joyfull reader ~ Sylcai

[/writelettertocollum]

No seriously.. how did you train your creature?..

A wonderful letter...

~Black & White And More Magazine~

Hello all you gods and goddesses! We have just received a rather curious submission from one our readers and would like to make a special article just for them.

Here, Sylcai from Kayssplace, says that he has been having trouble with his Tortoise's habits. Apparently the the dependant creature has been having some serious eating problems. He just refuses to feed himself and thus sends himself into a rather unhealthy state. What will Sylcai do...Have us bring in an expert of course! And it just so happens that we did just that. Sarophie, take it away.

Hello Sylcai. From what I have been told you are having some issues with your Tortoise's eating habits. Very bad thing to get into, that. I would need a history of your creature's eating habits and training to properly explain how to fix his bad habits but I think I may be able to help nonetheless. According to studies, the best way to get a creature set on healthy eating habits is to just let them experiment with foods when they are young. After they have a taste for what they like, just follow them around and punish or reward them for what they eat. The creature will eventually learn what is good to eat and what is not. It is also recommended to teach your creature only to eat when he is at a certain level of hunger. You don't want him eating half your flocks just because he has the munchies. Let us put his hunger into a percentage to make things easier. Let's say that at 3% hunger he is annihilating your fields. Punish him for this. When he is, oh, say 25% or more hunger, reward him for taking a small handful from the field. This 25% or more hunger rule has worked wonders with my own Tortoise.

Now that you have an idea for the basics, we will get into correcting this bad behavior. A good start would be to hand him some grain or something, pet him a little so he eats it, then give him a good 40% rewarding for it. After maybe 3 tries at this, he will get the idea and start trying to feed himself. If you see him eat something himself that is OK with you, pet him immediately so that he understands that he must feed himself. This method can be used to get a creature to eat various things depending on what is available to him at the time. The last ditch method would be to starve him until he gets fed up with waiting and goes looking for food himself. You will have to watch him though to make sure he doesn't pass out. If all else fails, your stuck hand feeding him for the rest of his eternal life.

I also see that you mentioned village care. This is a bit more complex. I shall begin with the tools that make village care a breeze. Miracles. Five at the least. The miracles that you will need include food, wood, water, heal, and heal increase. The food and wood miracles are kinda obvious when it comes to the use. The water miracle probably is to but it has a second use. The trees. Teach your creature to water the little trees and you'll have abundant forests in no time. The heal miracle is for all the half dead villagers. Train the creature to only heal people with 50% life or less if you can. The heal increase is for when there are just to many people for the regular heal to take care of. It is very useful in some cases. These two heal miracles are also very useful when your creature has to fend off an enemy creature.

Now that you know what you will be needing, let's get started. The food and wood miracles will be first in line. Always teach your creature these miracles by using them on your own village store. After the creature has learned how to cast the food miracle, he will also know where to cast it. Cast it ounce more for him to see and then wait for him to try it himself. After he has done so, reward him up to around 40% so that he knows this is an important miracle. The wood miracle can be cast in one of three places. Your village store, the workshop, or on construction sites. The recommended place would be the village store and the contruction sites. After he has learned how to use the wood miracle, follow the same steps you did with the food miracle only reward him to 30% this time. This will teach him that feeding the villagers is more important and your village won't starve when you are away. Next up is the water miracle. This one is pretty easy to mess up if you are not careful. Teach him the miracle by repeatedly watering empty fields only. This will teach him not to water the full fields and waste his energy. A good reward for this would be 20% The harder part of this is the trees. Try to teach him to only water the little trees. The best way to do this is to find a newly started tree and place it somewhere away from all other trees. This means bushes too. Then go about showing him how to water them and he should get the idea. If there are any regular trees or bushes near your training spot, you're going to have problems. The creature can get it into his head that he needs to water every tree and bush in sight. Try to teach him not to water big trees and just throw all those pointless bushes into the village store or onto the alter dish. It'll make your life much easier. The only other thing this is good for is putting out fires. If you taught the creature to be kind, he will do this all by himself. Next up is the heal miracle. This miracle is great for many things and is a must know for any creature. The first thing to do is to train the creature to heal only the people with 50% life or less as stated previously. This will ensure that only villagers that really need it are healed plus you will get more belief. Reward him up to 30% for this so that he knows that healing is a high priority. Last but not least is the heal increase. Follow the same steps you did with the regular heal and your creature should do fine. A good reward would be a 30% too. This way the creature will have free choice over which miracle is best for the given situation.

There isn't really a whole lot more to it. Your creature will pick up the rest by himself. Dancing, telling stories, and doing tricks is something that is totally up to the creature. If you play music, the creature will be more inclined to dance and entertain. You will need the Mp3 Add-on from Lionhead Studios if you wish to unlock the music option.

I would like to add a little fun fact for you. Impressing villages using the creature. The way to get him into impressing is to take him to a neutral village's town center and start impressing the village yourself. Your creature will watch and try impressing people. Give him a 10% reward and you will eventually be informed that the creature wants to impress the people while you impress them. Give him a 10% reward for when he starts impressing on his own. After you get the message saying that the creature wants to impress people, give him a 20% reward. You will be informed that the creature will be more inclined to impress people when he sees people that need impressing. This reward high archy will teach him that it is good to help you impress villages but even better to do it himself. The 20% low also teaches him that it is better to maintain your villages instead of spending all his time wandering the land in search of nonbelievers. Training him to do this on Land 2 is very useful for when you get to Land 4 and need to focus on protecting you weak village.

I hope that I was able to help you with your creature training problems. Follow these guidelines and you'll have a creature that would have impressed the Old Guide himself.

Until Next Time,

Sarophie

Back In Reality ~ That was fun to write! I wonder if we should continue doing this just to see if we can annoy someone. :happytears:

P.S. I hope my head didn't get to big in the 2nd paragraph. :laugh2

Ahahahahaa, Oh this was indeed delightfull to read,

Miracle teaching was never a problem, it was just that, I didn't know when my creature should or shouldn't be taught something, as all variables count.

I did get him to only sleep at night, and sit during the day. Took some efford, but it surely is more healty.

Thanks for the most stylish tutorial I have ever read in my entire gaming life, it will undoubtfully help alot with the training of my creature.

Infact, I paused the game at the "It's time to take him for a walk" part from the creature selection gold story scroll line, to get to read your reply first! :p

The feeding will definatly help his health!

edit; Oh, and, you never went over the top, not even in paragraph 2, felt very collumy.. :p We should use the teary turtoise eyes on kayss, and see if we would be allowed to write a 'mini-magazine', might breathe a bit of life back into BW1 like oGaM is doing for BW2! :p

only thing is.. would it live long?

Lolz, it sure would be something to get Kays stuck on this wouldn't it. I wouldn't mind churning out a few articles. It would definately be nice to see BW1 back in the spotlight. I am unsure of how long it would last. Could be a flub or it could be the greatest thing to hit the internet since google.

The teary tortoise eyes, eh? I remember smacking Oogway for eating a villager. The look he gave me almost made me cry myself. The tortoise is a very expressionate creature.

I am very glad you enjoyed my article. If we ever start something, I think we should keep the name you came up with. It is very good. :yourock:

Welp, I gotta go chase Lethys through the portal now. Little demi-god stole my tortoise. I can't wait to see Oogway open up a can of shell shock on that wolf....

tiny question, did you use Kong, or an other creature changer to get the turtoise so early in game? :p

I forgot to ask, I'm still stuck with the monkey now.. and, I don't know if I want him untill land 4, where you can get the turtoise 'oficialy'.

Oh! And, how's the turtoise skin coming?.. Havn't seen any shots!..

As, I made the anti-rainbow hand.. I still expect the anti-rainbow good turtoise from you! :p

Forgive me though, if I might also tinker about with it ^^

Hey Sylcai.

I used CachePackX with Upgrade 3. It fully changes your creature instead of just swapping skins. I think I may just swap my tortoise for the one on Land 4 just to be safe though. :p I started witht he ape too. The KONG program is supposed to be very buggy and can severely jack your creature. Use Cache.

I meant to put up some pics of my skin but kinda forgot, lmao. I'll try and get some up later. Don't expect anything great. It is my first skin, lmao.

I'm not sure by what you mean by anti-rainbow tortoise skin. Do you mean a good tortoise skin without the rainbow coloring?

Welp, I better get back to my skinning.

~Sarophie~

Thanks for telling, I'll use it too! :D

Get pictures soon then! :D

Indeed.

Go skin!

Yay for short posts..! :p

I believe I got zypherax on land two... there was a challege with a guy and fish, and you had to get the fish in a net... and when you did it, he gave you one of his pet turtles as a creature...

I think it was land two...

That's land four.

Land two has the zebra quest

Put something in the ring that is hot
Put something in the ring that howls at night
Put something in the ring that is unique to your creature
Then, protect this all.

hmmm... that's strange...

because I haven't gotten to land four with zypherax yet!

Well.. I am most certain.

So, I chalange you to screenshot otherwise! :p

I would, but I'm still in land 1 ^^

creature keeps borking on me.. or.. actualy.. I keep borking it! :p

okay... screenshot... but... I'm on land three with zypherax right now!

I need to start a new game then...

...okay... I'll get my turtle again... even though I already have him...

My tortoise story

it started when i did the quest on land 4. i immediately fell in love. it was hard to say goodbye to my cow but it had to be done. i led my new tortoise to my village and we had a party. i called my tortoise bob. bob danced and i cast beautiful miricles'. it was a moment to remember. knowing what was to come on land 5 i didn't go through the portal and instead took very good care of my bob. after hours of training bob took good care of my fields and kept my storehouses full. he became rainbow bob. we had a great time until on land 5 he was set on fire. i was devestated. i was crying for hours at the fact that i couldn't do anything to save him. i built a wall of rocks around my borders to stop him getting into more trouble. there wern't enough rocks. i cryed even more. and thats the story of me and bob.

the end

Awh... poor bob  :(

I'm sure he was all like  :help when he got set on fire.

And you went all like  :angry at Nemesis.

yes i was  :angry :angry
fireballs went his way...they missed.... :cry

Back