Football addon not working?

kirroth

I recently decided to play B&W again, but on my new laptop which runs Windows 7. For some reason, the football addon isn't working (I know I need 8 scaffolds). I've tried running both B&W and the addon in a couple different compatibility modes (Windows 2000, XP SP2, XP SP3). The addon says it installed, but...it didn't. I saw a thread here where someone said switching B&W compatibility to Windows 2000, but I tried that and it didn't work. Anyone have any other ideas?  :rolleyes

:( oww, me neither u u , i cant find the incopatibiliti :/

Nope, sorry. As far as I know, there's no way to get that addon working in Windows 7. However, the Villager banter and Creature addons work, which seems kind of odd. Running Black & White is a virtual machine would probably get it to work, but I don't have any ideas on running it in Windows 7. :sorry

I seem to remember that the football works OK for  Vista/W7.
What you can't do is build the scaffolds in game.

This map has a football pitch try it out :D

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=182

Now that you mention it, I think you're right, Gremxula. I recall using maps with football fields before. No matter what I've tried, though, I can't combine eight scaffolds. It's good that there's maps that have them so they can still be somewhat used.

It is simple  to add a football field to any land,  main game or skirmish.
Just add this line to the desired land or map....
CREATE_ABODE(4, "X,Y", "NORSE_ABODE_FOOTBALL_PITCH", 0, 2250, 0, 0)
Replacing the X,Y with real numbers for your desired position.

BTW most people just call me Grem  :D

Alright, I will. :)

You probably have to have the addon installed in order for that to work, right? Even though you can't build them in-game, it would still need to be installed.

but, its more interesting when anyone combine the eight scaffolds, everybody can do it in the scripts :l  :help

Apologies for the blatant thread necromancy, but has there been any progress getting this to work on vista/7? Because so far I've gotten everything to run perfectly except for this one add-on and it's driving me nothing short of mad.

I don't think so. The football fields "work" in that they can appear in-game, but you can't combine the scaffolds to do it. It has to be done by modifying a script.

Back